Sign in to follow this  
TJHfishin

hey guys got a reel promblem

okay so on my citca the brake plate that u open to get to the brakes is loose how do u get it to close all the way i lock it close but its got a lilltle space between i was wondering if any one else does that and thank u for your time and thoughts

Any grit or dirt in the mechanism? 

Just pulled a new one out of the box, there is a small amount of side-to-side play in the ear when it is in the closed position.

A space between where ? Pics would be helpful

T

You might have the tension/cast control cap set to tight. Loosen the cap half way which will allow the spool shaft to move to the right and this should give you room to fully close the side cover. You could also have some grit or something around the side cover or locking tabs. check to make sure that's all clean. Put the lock dial in the open position. shut the cover and wiggle it in place. If you have the above options done, it should be a good fit and you can then lock the dial.

You might have the tension/cast control cap set to tight. Loosen the cap half way which will allow the spool shaft to move to the right and this should give you room to fully close the side cover. You could also have some grit or something around the side cover or locking tabs. check to make sure that's all clean. Put the lock dial in the open position. shut the cover and wiggle it in place. If you have the above options done, it should be a good fit and you can then lock the dial.

X2

Press the spool release thumb bar before trying to close everything up, makes aligning the pinion and spool much easier.  Otherwise, its the spool tension issue, though I doubt you tightened that up in between opening and closing the side plate.

theres no dirt or alteast i couldnt find any and i well try to lossen the spool because my other one is fine its just this one that is like this and which brakes are better the black ones or the pink ones thank you so much for everyones input and help if any more suggestions id be glad to hear them thank you

Just read the post above, press the thumbar - this releases the spool from the pinion, which is where you're getting hung up - and insert the spool, and close the palm side plate.

As far as weights go, its item eight, under service in the FAQs: http://fish.shimano.com/publish/content/global_fish/en/us/index/customer_service0/FAQ.html