Sign in to follow this  
flippin and pitchin

Revo Premier comparison

I only have a new 2010 Premier, but just a comment here...

The likely cause for any difference in casting will be the introduction of the dual casting control, rather than any additional bearings.

But as far as that goes, I love mine.  I can throw a weightless fluke a really good distance with no worries of a backlash.  My older STXs can also do this, but I needed to be more aware of prevent backlashes.  The new Premier seems much more "worry free" in this area.

Thanks Chris.  Stupid me, spool runs free when casting.  I didn't state my question worth a hoot. I have the SX's and Winch but was curious as to casting performance between the Premier models. There are 09's priced aggressively right now.  I'm not convinced the Premier's 2010 price reflects a HUGE improvement in performance and have the opportunity to purchase the 09 Premier at a very hot price.  Thanks again.

The 4 extra bearings probably come from the bearings in the handle.  The real improvement probably comes from the dual cast control and the infini 2 spool.  Which is a disengaging pinion gear.  I'm not sure the 09 model had that. 

Either way I'm still waiting for mine to arrive.

FWIW, I just recently did a complete overhaul on my SX and Winch (complete teardown, degreasing, relubing, bearing flush, pinion gear polishing, and they are casting further and feeling better than ever)

We'll see if the upgrades Abu made to the new Premier are that significant.  I never fished the older model.

Also had both just sold my old one the fivebasslimit. The new one I feel is alot better casting wise. Also the drag actuall tightens all the way down. They advertise 20lb drag compared to I think maybe 10 on the old ones. Also the grips feel reel comfy and the handle feels more solid. I think they did a good job with the new premier. I actually think this one is worth the price tag.   8-)