Sign in to follow this  
silverbullet32

Line Help?

hey everyone!

about two months ago i got my first baitcaster- daiwa megaforce. i sure love the high speed gear ratio and twitchin' bar. but as with all beginner bait caster users, i have experienced a fair share of bird's nests. im getting better at tuning in my brake for each lure, but i still get the occasional bird's nest. im going to be fishing in lily pads this season so im putting on braid, probably 30# to 50#. are bird's nests hard to get out with braid? what brand of braid do you reccomend?

thanks

LJ

Braid would help in the lily pads. Taking out a backlash with braid on is easier IMHO. Just a thought but a new reel would reduce your backlashes GREATLY.

ok thanks. this reel is brand new lol. i do just fine until i lose my focus and whip the rod and then i get a bird's nest lol

If you can increase your focus and pay attention to the reel setting, then you'll have far fewer backlashes to worry about.

I think braid's a great line for lily pads.

Id go with 30# suffix.  I love the stuff.

practice , practice and more practice !!! soon you will hardly ever backlash , everybody does that when they lose focus on the cast , i know i have !!!!

well i went to the local tackle shop today and picked up some tuf-line in 30#. this stuff casts very good and is very round! im very happy with my $15.14 purchase, haha. here is a pic of it spooled up on my megaforce

100_0319.jpg

thanks for the help guys!

hey everyone!

about two months ago i got my first baitcaster- daiwa megaforce. i sure love the high speed gear ratio and twitchin' bar. but as with all beginner bait caster users, i have experienced a fair share of bird's nests. im getting better at tuning in my brake for each lure, but i still get the occasional bird's nest. im going to be fishing in lily pads this season so im putting on braid, probably 30# to 50#. are bird's nests hard to get out with braid? what brand of braid do you reccomend?

thanks

LJ

Getting backlash out is a bit easier for me anyway. Just watch the weight of the baits you throw,that reel isn't going to do well with light baits.

hey everyone!

thanks

LJ

Getting backlash out is a bit easier for me anyway. Just watch the weight of the baits you throw,that reel isn't going to do well with light baits.

yep i do all my worms and smaller soft plastics with spinning gear. it's just unbbelieveable how the pros just quickly whip their rod using a tiny crankbait or worm, and get distance and no bird's nest