Sign in to follow this  
bugman

Use for 20# 100% Trilene Florocarbon?

I have about 300 yards of Trilene 100% floro that I would like to use. I have my flipping reel spooled but would like an opinon on what other application(s) it would be good for. I use braid for frog/slop so I don't think I would use it for that.

Here in AL with alot of brush and stuff on ledges and such i like to have it tied on my carolina rig with a lighter leader.  besides that i really cant think of anything else besides flipping rigs.

I just got 20 lb Seaguar Invizx fluorocarbon for my jig/deep water worming. Its as thin as 14lbs though.

i use 15lb for t-rigs and jigs.... im sure 20 would do the job too.... maybe spinnerbaiting and lipless cranks?

hahaha..... you can send it to me and ill dispose of it for you!! :)

Jigs, T-Rigs, Senkos, C-Rig, Smaller Swimbaits, Spinnerbaits around heavier cover, lots of options!

Thanks for the replys!  I don't know why I didn't think of using it for swimbaits & swim jigs. I most likely will give that a try. I guess in the back of my mind I thought it would be too stiff for long casting lures. I'll add some line conditioner and give it a try.

I use 17-20# 100% fluoro for my mainline on jig rods, TX-rig rods, Carolina Rig rods, and my flipping pitching rods.

depending upon your local conditions, it's not a bad choice for suspending jerkbaits.

How is the memory on the 20# 100% fluoro?  I used 17# vanish a couple years back on a flipping rig and the memory was so bad I got no distance.  I have used mono for flipping ever since.

I'm gonna spool up a flippin rod with the 25 lb Berkley fluoro. I'm usually all braid but got an itch to go back to fluoro just to see how it performs.

Lots of good suggestions about using up that 20 though.....