Sign in to follow this  
Vinny Chase

Question for RoadWarrior (Yo-Zuri Hybrid Ultra)

I have heard you talk so much about this line, but i just had one more question before i went out and put it on all my setups. I hear all this talk about using different lines with different baits. Does this line work for everything? In all situations? Or do i need to have more setups with mono and flouro on?

Ps I have one other setup with braid for froggin

I am wary of using it on stuff like deep cranks or jigs around rocks. It is not the best when it comes to abrasion resistance.

I am wary of using it on stuff like deep cranks or jigs around rocks. It is not the best when it comes to abrasion resistance.

I actually think YO-ZURI has great abrasion resistance from my experince with the line... It is the one of the main reasons I use it... I tip my braid with a 15lb leader when pike fishing...(Please note that I am not speaking of ultra-soft)

I'm pretty sure the OP is talking about Ultra Soft, which is what I was talking about as well. If I'm wrong, ignore me. I also believe that the regular Hybrid is more abrasion resistant than US

I think you should just spool up one or two reels

and fish it for awhile. After a few outings you will

know if it is right for you.

Good luck!

-Kent

I'm pretty sure the OP is talking about Ultra Soft, which is what I was talking about as well. If I'm wrong, ignore me. I also believe that the regular Hybrid is more abrasion resistant than US

yeah I realized that after I made the post...why I added the note... :-[

The ultra soft isnt the best for that purpose. But I use it anyways around rocks, I just cut off the first foot or so every once in a while to get rid of the beat up line. The flip side is that it is very very strong even when dinged up. I havent had any problems with it. The regular yo-zuri has way too much memory for my liking. Not as much an issue on baitcasters but terrible for spinning gear.

X 2..never used the reg hybrid..with the exception of my swimbait rig...everything is spooled with Ultrasoft. and btw, the famous lake Diamond Valley is about 99% Big ole rocks.  ;)

The ultra soft isnt the best for that purpose. But I use it anyways around rocks, I just cut off the first foot or so every once in a while to get rid of the beat up line. The flip side is that it is very very strong even when dinged up. I havent had any problems with it. The regular yo-zuri has way too much memory for my liking. Not as much an issue on baitcasters but terrible for spinning gear.

I just order a spool of 12# and a spool of 15# ultra soft 2 days ago. I plan on using it for most applications but not for topwaters. I believe it sinks like flouro.

I just order a spool of 12# and a spool of 15# ultra soft 2 days ago. I plan on using it for most applications but not for topwaters. I believe it sinks like flouro.

Is that from experience?

Is that from experience?

From what I remember, it floats. At least for a while, then starts to sink after so long. I haven't used it in about 6 months, so I can't be 100% sure.

Both Hybrid and Hybrid Ultra Soft float.

Abrasion resistance is comparable to XT,

Big Game and P-Line CXX. I fish the "Rocks

From Hell" on the Tennessee River without

any issues.

8-)

Both Hybrid and Hybrid Ultra Soft float.

Abrasion resistance is comparable to XT,

Big Game and P-Line CXX. I fish the "Rocks

From Hell" on the Tennessee River without

any issues.

8-)

Agreed about the floating, disagreed about the abrasion. I tore some up in about 12 casts while cranking the other day.

Is that from experience?

I have not used it before but was ordering to give it a try. I thought I had read somewhere that it sunk.