Sign in to follow this  
MattinOK

2 Piece casting rod?

I'm going to taking a trip out to my uncle and aunts house this spring. They have two awesome stocked ponds (several 5lb+ pulled out). The thing is, they don't fish so I bring all my gear. Now normally, I'd take my array of 6-7 1/2 rods, but we're taking the family car. Are there are decent 2 piece casting rods around (preferably below) 50$? I've already get a spinning setup for w/braid for soft plastics. I want this to be used for small spinner baits, and maybe a few lipless cranks. Is there an action that covers that? Thanks.

I'm sure there are some bass pro rods that come in two pieces.  The Damiki Angel EX is a little higher than your price ($80) but it comes in two peices.  They are all 6'6'' with varying powers.

Cabelas's has their Prodigy rods on sale for $49.98.  3 of the casting rods are 2 piece. 

I have 4 BPS Bionic Blade 2-piece rods that I use for travel - 2 spinning and 2 baitcasting. They're above your price range but are great rods - regular price is $80 - on sale, they can be down around $60. Of the 3 models of 2-piece casting rods, the 6'6" mf would probably work well.

bps has their graphite series on sale and they have some 2 piece casting rods.

Cabelas's has their Prodigy rods on sale for $49.98. 3 of the casting rods are 2 piece.

X2

Look to either Shimano's Convergence or Clarus rods. There should be 2-piece casting rods in there. The $50 price point will limit you to some house brands outside of Shimano.

I have a 2-piece clarus rod and it is a very fine rod. I also have a Cabela 2-piece mag touch.  While they are $99, about twice a month, they drop the price down to $50. So check out Cabela to see if they're on sale.  They look great, feel great and have a graphite handle. I have caught bass, trout and salmon with both casting rods.