Sign in to follow this  
carrothead

Sufix Seige vs Sufix Elite

What's the difference?  I don't see any.  the line diameter is the same, they are the same price, and they have more or less the same description.

Think of Elite as Trilene XL (extra limp) and Siege as XT (extra tough). Elite is a tad more supple, probably a better choice for spinning reels.

Sufix is great line by the way.

Think of Elite as Trilene XL (extra limp) and Siege as XT (extra tough). Elite is a tad more supple, probably a better choice for spinning reels.

Exactly.  Suffix Elite is the best casting monofilament line that I've tried.  I used it for the first time last year for reaction baits, and I'm very pleased with it and will continue to use it.  I use 17 lb for spinnerbaits, 14 lb for buzzbaits/chatterbaits, and 12 lb for lipless cranks, and 10 lb for diving cranks.  It's relatively cheap so I respool the last 50 yds often.  I would recommend doing that because it kinks pretty easily for me when I do a lot of casting and it's not the most durable line, but show me an easy casting mono that is.

As for the Seige, it's a decent fishing line but I choose to use fluorocarbon instead of stiffer, abrasion resistant mono.

I'll drink to that

Roger