Sign in to follow this  
GatorNation

Temple Fork Loomis

i remeber a few months back some guys on here were talking about gary coming back to rod making and starting with a mid range rod, that may be the rod they were talking about.  if thats the case then yes its semi new.

i wouldnt hesitate to get one if i was shopping that price range as long as theyre loomis style MBR fast.

i think the colored handles are a bit ugly but it would be useful if you had 10 of them on the boat. and you owned a boat. if they compare to $150+ rods, i could live with it.

that heavy might be a decent small swimbait rod if its not too fast...

I believe the blanks are made at Loomis' New facility, North Fork Composites.  I'll try to get the information on that pulled up.  I think it was on TackleTour a short while back.

Gary Loomis teamed up with Temple Fork Outfitters to create the Gary Loomis Signature Series Casting Rods

I don't think at a $99 price point that North Fork is building the blanks for these rods.

I do think Gary was instrumental in the overall design of the rods

The last low end modules blank 7' M/H/F I ordered from North Fork was $135.00 retail just for the blank.......

Just the thoughts of a rod builder...... :)

Gary Loomis teamed up with Temple Fork Outfitters to create the Gary Loomis Signature Series Casting Rods

I don't think at a $99 price point that North Fork is building the blanks for these rods.

I do think Gary was instrumental in the overall design of the rods

The last low end modules blank 7' M/H/F I ordered from North Fork was $135.00 retail just for the blank.......

Just the thoughts of a rod builder...... :)

TFO's low-end fly rods start at $109, so the price isn't all that surprising.

i wouldnt hesitate to get one if i was shopping that price range as long as theyre loomis style MBR fast. if they compare to $150+ rods, i could live with it.

I agree Big Fruits, I wonder how they will compare with similar rods in its price range.