Sign in to follow this  
kyron4

Spooling line on Daiwa spinning reel ?

Most spinning reels, I have someone hold the spool of line faceing me and make sure the line is comeing off the same directions it's going on. With Shimano's the say to hold line spool with a pencil and reel with the line spinning off the bottom of the spool like a baitcaster. I got my Daiwa Exceller with no instruction and thought I had read that with the "Twist Buster" roller you spooled it like the Shimano. Does anyone know ? -Thanks

I'd do it however you usually have good results from.

I spool superlines now so I don't have to worry about that type of thing. I do use mono as a backer, and I always do the pencil thing.

I  go off the top of the spool on a baitcaster and off the bottom on a spinning reel.

I've used Daiwas for years. The Twist Buster reels instruct to spool like a baitcaster, as has been mentioned. That method has worked for me, but the old method has worked as well.

I began spooling all spinning reels same as a baitcaster a long time ago.  Lable up, lable down, line coming off same way as going on spool, or visa versa, has never worked for me very well at all.  I get some twist even with the baitcast method too, but not nearly as much.  However I have never had it coming off the bottom when I spool it.  So I'll try that next.  But so far, baitcast method has been by far the best way for me, no matter the brand of reel.

baitcasting method + quality line + flipping the bail manually = happy angler!