Sign in to follow this  
Hammer 4

Seaguar InvisX

I just bought some 6lb test for my soinning rig, I've used it for about 3 outings, and so far, I really like the line. So, I'm thinking about spooling up one of my baitcasters with 15 to 17 lb Invisx, depending on what your guys experience has/is with this line. This will be for a mainline, not leader material. I intend to throw light swimbaits, and 1/2 to 3/4 oz bottom baits..Taking the price of this stuff into consideration, is it worth it. All my other line is Yozuri Ultrasoft. TIA.

it's a really good line.  Although if you like to fish in areas with a lot of rocks or trees then go with abrazx.  But invizx is very good.  I haven't used the 15lb test, but have used the 10 and 12lb test on my curados and it's my go to line.  I like it a little better than yo-zuri hybrid.

Yes, it is worth it. It is my favorite line. Comparatively small diameter, pretty good abrasion resistance, and super limp.

I have been experimenting #8 InvizX on

a spinning reel and #12 AbrazX on one

baitcasting rig.

Me like!

8-)

I have settled on InvisX as my primary line and buy it in 1000 yd spools, it's slightly cheaper that way because of (1) actual cost is less than 5 200yd spools and (2) I have less waste since it's all on one spool. I can actually spool one more reel this way.

I only use 6# for my finesse stuff and really like it. I have not used it in other or higher strengths, but have used other lines for those line strengths like Yozuri Hybrid or PLine.  Like you, its cost makes it prohibitive enough for me to limit it to my finesse fishing.

With this said, you might want to look into Cabela's FC.  It is very, very similar to Invizx and at its $10 price, it might be a comparable and decent alternative.

Is the Abrasx as limp as the Invisx..do you know..? And why would you recomend the abrasx over the invisx just because of the test..?

Abrasx for anything over 8 pound line.

This is my second season using Invizx and I love it. Last year I used 8lb on my spinning reels only. This season I put 10lb on my spinning reels and 15, and 20lb on my casting reels. Its very easy to cast. excellent knot strenght, and abrasion resistent. its also very small diameter for the lb test.

Thanks ..I'm primarly concerned with strenght, as in breakage, and knot holding..I don't fish around rocks all that much, mostly weeds. I'ma gonna give it a shot in the 20lb Abrasx.

Thanks ..I'm primarly concerned with strenght, as in breakage, and knot holding..I don't fish around rocks all that much, mostly weeds. I'ma gonna give it a shot in the 20lb Invisx.

I'm not so sure 100% fluoro deserves the bad rap it seems to get in the strength/knot discussion. Certainly the majority of published "tests" show fluorocarbon generally has less knot integrity than comparable diameter or lb. test mono's, but there are ways to mitigate the frequency of failure. Tying clean knots, proper lubrication before 'cinching' (s-l-o-w-l-y), and re-tying often eliminate a majority of break-off issues due to knot failure. As far as overall "strength" goes, depending on formulation, most 100% fluoro lines test out just as well as mono.

I'd guess a lot of fisherman have a habit of tying on a lure at the beginning of an outing (or season!!), and expect the line to lure connection to last indefinitely. Unfortunately, that rarely works out. 100% fluorocarbon is different than mono. The more familiar fisherman become with it's unique properties and handling characteristics, the better they'll be able to manage it's use in their presentations....that is until the next big whiz bang line material takes the fishing world by storm. :)