Sign in to follow this  
bassman018

New Rod & Reel

Well I finally got my new baitcaster, It's a quantum Tenacity, Its a 1 peice medium acton rod witha sweet reel, don't know the specs. I got it at Dicks for 50$ And It was A 100$ usually. I strung it up with Stren 17 pound test which I will not do again because It is super thick. But I don't want to waste 20$ on braid to just get a super huge backlash. Learning to use it was okay I just backlashed a little because I I was trying to det the spool release and I was really light so my jig just went down and I was able to get out of the backlash because it wasn't really deep. So how did I do? Is it decent?

Knowing the type of reel would be of great assistance, but it sounds like you made out great!

I have a feeling lots of frustration is coming your way. It is really frustrating learning to throw the baitcasters and especially with lower end reels. Just be prepared to do more picking out backlashes.  ::o

Yea, I cast a little bit last night, and plan to try this after noon as well, Thats why I just bought stren 17 mono, It was 6.50$ at dicks, and I got 330 yard, So about 3.26$ per spool up.

17lb stren is piano wire, I suggest you go to walmart and get some eagle claw line.  Here it is like $3 for 700 yrds.  Use it til you are comfortable then get some better line.