Sign in to follow this  
GoVikes

Techna AV Vs Compre

If you could buy an older Fenwick Techna AV spinning rod or the current Shimano Compre for about the same price which would you choose and why. I believe they both have lifetime warrantys.

Techna AV..more sensitive and lighter. I have owned both

T

Shimano makes any awesome rod, but my 2 Techna AV's were more sensitive than my Crucial.  Techna AV's are a fantastic value at current closeout prices.

Leon

Ordered the Techna AV today (around $100 including shipping) and am excited to get out and give it a try!

Ordered the Techna AV today (around $100 including shipping) and am excited to get out and give it a try!

Congratulations on your new rod. Please let me know how you feel about it once you've had a chance to fish it. I've got the 7' er, and have a reel on it spooled with 40 lb. braid. A bit heavier than called for in the situations I've encountered so far this year. So it has stayed home.

Actually this rod (and reel-an STX-L) were bought for when I visit relation in Florida. However, I am seriously considering giving it a try locally with C-rigs. Problem is I need to go fishing alone. So far this year I have always taken my grandsons. That leaves me with no more free time than to do a little casting practice.

Its great to be raising up some new fishing buddies. My grandsons are all a little too young yet but I hope I'll be fishing with them soon.

Its great to be raising up some new fishing buddies.

Sure is.  Went Saturday.  Got the boys set up and went back to the car for my equipment.  Before I could get it the boys and my wife started screaming.  Had it landed before I could get back.  They had hooked a trout.  My wife wound up reeling it in.  She bragged all day about catching the biggest fish!!!   ;) ;) 8-)