Sign in to follow this  
Gamec0cks5

Citica 200E

I was looking at the Shimano Citica 200E and was wondering what you guys thought about it. I have all Shimano Rods w/ Abu Garcia reels. I am considering trading out my Black Max for this Citica 200E. It will be mainly used for t-rigs, carolina rigs and anything to be used with worms/soft baits in general.

Any thoughts. I would really appreciate it.

If you like Abu and may want to stick with it, look into the Revo series reels.  Not to say there's anything wrong with the Citica, it's a fine reel and excellent value IMO.

I've never owned a BM Abu, but I do have a Citica E and it's an outstanding reel at its price point.  It's most definitely worth a try.

I've always fished lower end Shimano reels (Crestfire and Chromica) and I finally "broke the bank" about a month ago and invested in a Citica.  The difference between the reels is unbelievable.  Anyone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I bet the jump from a Black Max to even the Revo S would be pretty noticeable.  I bought the Revo first, but I returned it for the Citica because like you, I fish a lot of t-rigs and soft baits.  Everyone I talked to said the Citica can handle unweighted plastics better than the Revo.  I love the Citica, but my next reel will definitely be a Curado.

I've got something like 13 or 15 Citica's.  They're a great reel for the money.  They're no Curado, but they're darned near indestructible.

Well I have a

1.) shimano Crucical 7' cranking stick matched with a Revo SX

2.) Shimano Crucial 7' MH Swimbait rod Orra SX

3.) Shimano Crucial 6'6 MH (Worm ROD) Abu Garcia Black Magic

So I want to replace that Black Magic just b/c it is garbage compared to the other reels. I have caught countless bass on it but it just sucks casting its great for just pitching/flipping but that is about it honestly.

I have fished a Revo S and love it. I love shimano products I will only use their spinning reels but haven't used their Baitcasters. Love their quality. We are a Shimano Dealer so I try to rep them as much as we can. I get deals on reels at times for being a Guide. I can get the Revo S for 89.99 and the Citica 200E is on sale for 69.99

I don't know if I will be losing anything by saving $20 ?

So should I stick to the Revo/Shimano thing I got going? Give me some pros/cons of the citica vs. the Revo S make up my mind for me  ;D

The Citica 200E is your poor man's Curado. Built on the same frame just less bearings. It's a solid performer. Never tried the Revo S but I'm sure it's comparable. If you can get both reels at that price I would get them both! ;D

Well I have a

1.) shimano Crucical 7' cranking stick matched with a Revo SX

2.) Shimano Crucial 7' MH Swimbait rod Orra SX

3.) Shimano Crucial 6'6 MH (Worm ROD) Abu Garcia Black Magic

So I want to replace that Black Magic just b/c it is garbage compared to the other reels. I have caught countless bass on it but it just sucks casting its great for just pitching/flipping but that is about it honestly.

I have fished a Revo S and love it. I love shimano products I will only use their spinning reels but haven't used their Baitcasters. Love their quality. We are a Shimano Dealer so I try to rep them as much as we can. I get deals on reels at times for being a Guide. I can get the Revo S for 89.99 and the Citica 200E is on sale for 69.99

I don't know if I will be losing anything by saving $20 ?

That is a crazy good price for the Citica. I got one for $90 and still think I got a great deal, based on performance.

Get one of each at those prices and see which one you prefer.  If you don't want to keep 1 of them, you'll be able to unload either for pretty much what you paid for them.

have used both extensively ,,,,,i like the revo s better than the citica 200e  feels better built,,,but im also of the opinion that the new curado 200e5 is best reel ive used ,,,,,,

When I got back into the baitcaster game, I went with the Quantum PT and really didn't like it personally. I then got a Revo SX and Absolutely loved it so I got the Orra SX to be comparable to it. I got the black max for extremely cheap!. I don't really like it honestly! So I have had good luck with the abu garcias. Only used the old shimano baitcasters like the Bantum. Or all their spinning reels.

So that is where I'm coming from.

I don't own any Shimano baitcast reels, but $70 for a Citica is too good a deal to pass up. If you don't like them, you can easily re-sell them for at least what you have in them.

Guest beowulfx71

Do you have a Bass Pro near you? A month ago I bought a Pflueger Asaro on clearance for $70, and I also bought a Citica 200E at Dicks with a $10 coupon last fall-to me the Asaro is a better reel. It certainly casts lighter lures better.

Do you have a Bass Pro near you? A month ago I bought a Pflueger Asaro on clearance for $70, and I also bought a Citica 200E at Dicks with a $10 coupon last fall-to me the Asaro is a better reel. It certainly casts lighter lures better.

Are you for cereal?

get the citica man. its not gonna be a good rof for carolina riggin unless ur using a 7' rod. its good on a 6'6" or 6'8"

I love this reel so far, and for $70 you can't beat that. I do notice it is a good bit wider than the Revo S though but not enough for me to worry about it.

I've caught all kinds of bass on it on several different rigs. I would recommend this reel to anyone  8-)

I love this reel so far, and for $70 you can't beat that. I do notice it is a good bit wider than the Revo S though but not enough for me to worry about it.

I've caught all kinds of bass on it on several different rigs. I would recommend this reel to anyone 8-)

Wider than a revo?????????? wow any way you got a great real... I might get laughed of the fourm for the following comment but I have 2 / 200e's and 2 e7's and i'll be honest sand say that other than the size of the knobs I can't tell the difference in performance between the Citca and the Curado. Well the breaking system is better on the Curado i chalk that up to the lighter spool

I've got 3 of the Citica E's and 2 of the Curado E's. The Citica's are close enough for me. When it comes time to buy another reel, it'll be another Citica for sure.