Sign in to follow this  
via

Need input on buying a rod

Hey guys I'm looking to spend around $100 for my first rod.  I want it to do pretty much everything such as spinnerbaits, soft plastics, etc.  My brother is helping me look for some rods that fit my description, but I think we need more help.  We went on *** and looked at their rods.  I like the falcon bucoo and my brother likes the temple fork rods.  So my question is what rod should I get?

A 7'MH fast action should be a good place to start if you have the ability to handle the rods in person before you buy I would find one that you feel is good for you

A 7'MH fast action should be a good place to start if you have the ability to handle the rods in person before you buy I would find one that you feel is good for you

MH F action is definitely the way to go if you want a "do pretty much everything" rod. As far as what brand goes that's pretty much personal preference. You'll have people that love and hate whatever rod you choose, so go with what you like.

i am looking for a rod that is able to cast spinnerbaits and light soft plastic lures from 1/16 to 3/8 oz.