Sign in to follow this  
Craiger12

Zillion CC vs. Revo Winch

I have done a bunch of research on these two reels, but I'm looking for opinions on which you would choose. Intended applications would be for slow rolling big spinnerbaits and small swimbaits. The reel might see some deep cranking at some point, but that would not be it's main function.

I bought a Winch last year and like it.  I use it for crankin' but threw some large spinnerbaits as well and it really helped with the resistance issues and fatigue so I got another one this spring.  I retired my Lews Speed Spools and the Winch does the job very well.  In all honesty, I did get good deals on special promotions for the reels.

the Zillion and by miles.

I've owned a Winch, and own a Zillion High Power.   The High Power is more refined, way smoother, casts light baits a lot better, and heavy baits just as well. 

The Winch is a great reel, the High Power is just fantastic.  If I were ONLY casting heavy baits like swim baits, I might consider ther Winch.  Otherwise, I think the High Power outclasses it in every category. 

As stated in the last 3 posts, the CC is a much better reel.  It wins in just about every category against the Winch.  I will not say it is perfect, but it is very good.