Sign in to follow this  
Rolltide09

Give me your input regarding new setups

I am planning on becoming more versitile and efficient. I am looking to purchase up to four more rods and three more reels. I really would like to have a dedicated frog rod that I might could use for flipping as well. A rod for topwater poppers and spooks. Of course a really good texas rig/jig rod is a must. And last but not least something that will work on cranks and spinnerbaits. I would like to get the best trig/jig rod I can afford. I have limited space since I fish from a kayak and carry two fly rods everywhere I go as well. My budget is going to be anywhere around $1500. I say only three reels because I have a spare STX laying around to utilize on one of the rods. Any help would be greatly appreciated because I have spent countless hours on TW switching items up in my shopping cart.

T-rig/ jig rod: BCR854 or MBR844C.

Both rods will match up perfectly

with your STX.

Topwater, jerkbaits, spinnerbaits and buzzbaits:

St. Croix Avid AVC66MF

Crankbaits: Avid AVC70MM

8-)

The St. Croix Avid series is wonderful for the price. If you are going to purchase from Tackle Warehouse I would suggest waiting a couple of weeks as I have a feeling they will run a 15% off sale at some point. I have several St Croix Legends and several Avids, and for the money you can not beat the Avid (they also have a lifetime warranty)

I am planning on becoming more versitile and efficient. I am looking to purchase up to four more rods and three more reels. I really would like to have a dedicated frog rod that I might could use for flipping as well. A rod for topwater poppers and spooks. Of course a really good texas rig/jig rod is a must. And last but not least something that will work on cranks and spinnerbaits. I would like to get the best trig/jig rod I can afford. I have limited space since I fish from a kayak and carry two fly rods everywhere I go as well. My budget is going to be anywhere around $1500. I say only three reels because I have a spare STX laying around to utilize on one of the rods. Any help would be greatly appreciated because I have spent countless hours on TW switching items up in my shopping cart.

Frog/Flipping - Shimano Curado 200E7 ($145 on eBay) with a Abu Garcia Vendetta 7'3 Heavy-action rod ($80 new at retail)

Poppers/Spooks - Shimano Curado 200E7 ($145 on eBay) with an Okuma EVX-A Crankbait rod, 6'6 Medium version ($70 new)

Texas-rig/Jig - Curado 200E5/E7 (depends on if you want a fast retrieve or fast retrieve) ($145 on eBay) with a G. Loomis GL3 7' MH version ($230 retail)

Crankbaits/Spinnerbaits - The Revo SX, with a Vendetta Medium or MH in ur preferred length.