Sign in to follow this  
MitchIsFishin

Well, this was strange...

Went out fishing this morning, primarily craws & senkos. The water is hot & fishies are deep now down here. Two hours into fishing (bank fishing), break my line 7 times. Lost seven hooks & worms/craws. Now, not happy with losing the hooks & worms/craws, but checked my line (as always) for nicks. Nothing. Tied the same knot as usual. Everything normal. Still, 7 break offs. When I was about to leave, checked my line again (YZ 6lb hybrid with L & L applied), and an 18" piece snapped in my hand. This was line just applied to the spool, wasn't old. Just a fluke, bad line, me, what??? :)

Not related but I've had catfish pick up Texas rigged weightless Senkos and "move out" away from the bank and when you set the hook, nothing but line comes back to you, their gristly teeth will shred mono.

Had to be old/bad line..what size spool did you buy.? I'd try to return if possible.

I usually buy the 275 yd filler spools, never had a breakage issue. Also, there is no need line conditioner, even the yozuri rep. told me that.. :)

I was wanting to try Yo-Zuri Hybrid line after I first started reading fishing forums this year. Lots of good reports about it, but I've got to tell you I won't now. I've read too many posts by people having the line unexplainable break on them. Some have had break-offs on the cast. Don't know if it is because the line is so popular, and therefore many more people are using it so that the number of bad reports is a very small percentage or what.  I don't want to take that  chance.  It doesn't take long to spend a pile of money on lures.  I for one can't afford to lose them for no good reason.

Where "all" of these breakoff post's you speak of..?

I've used line that cost's alott more than Yozuri, and had break offs..When you start losing 40.00 lures, you tend to stick with a line that doesn't fling those spendy bait's into oblivion.. :)

I was wanting to try Yo-Zuri Hybrid line after I first started reading fishing forums this year. Lots of good reports about it, but I've got to tell you I won't now. I've read too many posts by people having the line unexplainable break on them. Some have had break-offs on the cast. Don't know if it is because the line is so popular, and therefore many more people are using it so that the number of bad reports is a very small percentage or what. I don't want to take that chance. It doesn't take long to spend a pile of money on lures. I for one can't afford to lose them for no good reason.

Where have you read all this crap about the line breaking ? Try some you might find out how good it really is.

I was wanting to try Yo-Zuri Hybrid line after I first started reading fishing forums this year. Lots of good reports about it, but I've got to tell you I won't now. I've read too many posts by people having the line unexplainable break on them. Some have had break-offs on the cast. Don't know if it is because the line is so popular, and therefore many more people are using it so that the number of bad reports is a very small percentage or what. I don't want to take that chance. It doesn't take long to spend a pile of money on lures. I for one can't afford to lose them for no good reason.

I'll tell you what, get some 12# Yozuri hung in a brush pile and try to break it.

Agreed. Yo Zuri line is pretty difficult to break. It's probably the best line I've used.  I use it faithfully and never have I had a problem with it.  Very tough, yet soft line. If you haven't tried it, and you're thinking about it. Do yourself a favor and buy a spool, I mean it's not like it's expensive comparably speaking...

I'll tell you what, get some 12# Yozuri hung in a brush pile and try to break it.

I did, and 12# Yozuri to boot.... But with a pair of scissors. I couldn't break it off. :) It's tough to break. Sho 'nuff

Suggestions:

1.  Use braid the next five or six times out and see what happens.

2. Contact Yo-Zuri and ask about returning the remaining line. There may have been a quality control issue.

I have not encountered any problems with Yo-Zuri lines.

But I always check for nicks and cuts before leaving home and while fishing and will cut off the damaged line immediately and retie.

I go through a lot of line.   :)