Sign in to follow this  
grimlin

Mend it expires?

Mine did......Seemed like it just dried up while in storage.I keep all my stuff in a room in the house.

Is this common for mend it to dry up like this?It's pretty useless to me now.

:-/

It doesn 't expire but it dries out, the acetone vaporizes and it dries, so you need to check it frequently and add a little acetone when it thickens.

Their first container bottles were very bad & dried out quickly. I have heard they upgraded to a new container that seals better, but I have not confirmed that.

Mine dried up too.  Have a new bottle that I have never opened.  Hope it doesn't do the same thing....

Use clear pcv glue, get a small brush to put it on with & it is easier to add acetone if needed. I carry a pair of water pump pliers to tighten & loosen the top. It works for me. :)

Well I received my new bottles of mend-it yesterday, and they appear to seal very well but time will tell.

I have heard of people using clear pvc glue instead but I wonder does it truly do the same thing as mend-it?

I got the two bottle set and had on one the boat and one at home. The one in the boat solidified and the one at home is a good as new. The enviornment it is stored in affects it's life time.

I got the two bottle set and had on one the boat and one at home. The one in the boat solidified and the one at home is a good as new. The enviornment it is stored in affects it's life time.

Really?  Wow it sounds like a temperature thing, because I assume both bottles were sealed and closed the same way?  Perhaps the extreme changes in temperature did it.

I also got a two 1oz bottle set for 18.99 shipped, and I would really prefer if neither of them turned into useless gunk, lol.