Sign in to follow this  
airborne_angler

SCORE!!! (I think?) Opinions please

When I go to WalMart I am always looking for the Red Tag (clearance) items.

Ive cleared em out in the past and purchased all sorts of stuff I didnt need,but couldnt pass on the price.

Today was no different. I found a Lone Rod/Reel Combo sitting with a red tag on the rack.

It was an Abu Garcia Ambassadeur 6000 Baitcast Reel attached to a Medium Heavy 7'0" Berkley Lightning Rod fishing pole.This was put together as a factory piece.Has the anti theft coupler holding the reel into the seat on the rod. Price on the combo was originally $73

Price on the Clearance tag .....

$40!!!

I went round and round on whether or not to buy it.I dont need another combo,but just couldnt pass it up at this price.

I went to the sporting goods clerk and he told me theres nothing wrong with it,its a discontinued item that Wal Mart wont be carrying anymore.So they are blowing em out.

I got the last one!!! Now I dont know whether to keep it and use it,or flip it. Either seperately or as a combo.

Decisions decisions

I have never used either one, but I have seen the reels going for 45-60 bucks and I think the rods go for about 30-35 bucks, both on that auction site. I think you did a good job. That would probably be a good large/deep crank bait/small  soft swim bait setup. Is it the red colored reel? 5.3:1 I think, if so- large line capacity, too.

A 6000 size Abu is purty large reel, other than that I see no reason why it wouldn 't be a good deal, LRs are very good rods for the money.

A 6000 size Abu is purty large reel, other than that I see no reason why it wouldn 't be a good deal, LRs are very good rods for the money.

X2

The reel itself is probably worth $60. I bought a 6000 a few years back which only gets used when my 5500 c3 is being repaired /cleaned. That combo would be better suited trolling for walleye or muskies. Still a good deal.

I have never used either one, but I have seen the reels going for 45-60 bucks and I think the rods go for about 30-35 bucks, both on that auction site. I think you did a good job. That would probably be a good large/deep crank bait/small soft swim bait setup. Is it the red colored reel? 5.3:1 I think, if so- large line capacity, too.

Yes its the red colored reel with the 5.3:1 ratio and bait clicker

I have never used either one, but I have seen the reels going for 45-60 bucks and I think the rods go for about 30-35 bucks, both on that auction site. I think you did a good job. That would probably be a good large/deep crank bait/small soft swim bait setup. Is it the red colored reel? 5.3:1 I think, if so- large line capacity, too.

Yes its the red colored reel with the 5.3:1 ratio and bait clicker

Bait Clicker- Catfishing.

Definitely would be a very good cat system..........

Tight Lines!!