Sign in to follow this  
YeahSure

Dobyns Savvy/Duckett Micro Magic

I'm looking to pick up a spinning rod 7' M to make a set up that my friends and family can throw. I'm debating on these two rods most likely, any opinions?

I have yet to fish a Micro Magic rod, but have fished Dobyns Rods in all 3 of the lineups and absolutely love them.

I've not used the savvy series, but I have used the champion series, so I'm assuming the savvy series are good too. I'm sure they are more balanced than the micro magic rods. Everything Dobyns makes is top notch. And plus, I don't see how people don't realize or mention this, when they use the micro guides, they always use some cheap guides like fuji aluminum oxide, never alconite or SIC. Dobyns rods use Kigan guides which are smaller than fuji, and in my opinion better from what I've seen with them. I would reccomend dobyns all the way!

I have two Savvys and really like them, prefer them over comparable rods I own like the Kistler Mag TS and Powell Max.  I haven't used the Duckett rods but iv seen quiet a few break and the fact that the epoxy yellows very fast is just a turn off for me, they just look nasty and cheap.  I don't know how they preform but if I'm dropping any money on a rod, I gotta like how it looks.

I have two Savvys and really like them, prefer them over comparable rods I own like the Kistler Mag TS and Powell Max. I haven't used the Duckett rods but iv seen quiet a few break and the fact that the epoxy yellows very fast is just a turn off for me, they just look nasty and cheap. I don't know how they preform but if I'm dropping any money on a rod, I gotta like how it looks.

And Dobyns sure knows how to style a  rod  8-)

Micros are also more fragile than regular guides.  Not really a good thing with a loaner rod.

And Dobyns has proven customer service.

I've been fishing Dobyns for three years now and with over 175 days on the water last year alone I can tell you for sure that they are a very durable rod. You won't find a better rod out there anywhere near the price of a Savvy. You will love it.