Sign in to follow this  
LunkerLust

Tica rods ?

I hear that Tica makes a rod that's a Loomis clone for drop shotting. Anyone ever use this rod, or any of their other spinning rods for fresh water ?

Tica has never been discussed much here. Is it an American company ?

No, Taiwanese, with a US branch.

http://www.ticaamerica.com/company.aspx

I dunno..a 1 yr warranty on all of their products doesn't seem to inspire confidence in my mind..

You could buy a Shimano Clarus for about the same price, and get a Lifetime over the counter warranty, or some places require you to send it to Shimano..you still get a free replacement. And a brand name.

There are other brands that are probably close in price, the above was just an example.

A 1 yr warranty on an inexpensive rod doesn't bother me too much but in the case of the clarus getting lifetime warranty makes it a much more attractive purchase.

What does bother me is that upper ends reels like a stella offer no more of a warranty than a stradic.  IMO a stella or like product should come with a much better warranty, SW models are upwards of $800, for me that constitutes a lifetime warranty or at 5 years at the least.  I don't know much about the Platinum service plan but appears to be just for 1 free cleaning and 1 for 1/2 off...big deal!  I'm not picking on Shimano as most companies do the same thing.