Sign in to follow this  
GoVikes

Fire and fishing equipment

Looking for some advice. We had a serious house fire 3 weeks ago. Luckily no one was home. Our garage where all my fishing equipment was got quite a bit of smoke damage. My rods/reels were smoke damaged. Has anyone had a similar experience? If so, how do you try to salvage your equipment? Unfortunately we were underinsured (Some advice: check your home insurance policy and make sure you have enough personal property coverage!) so I can't replace most of it but if anyone can give me some advice on how to clean my rods and reels I'd really appreciate it. I'm not very mechanical so I cringe at the thought of taking apart my reels! Is there a product that would do a good job cleaning my rods? Thanks for any help!

Sorry to hear about your fire. Glad no one was hurt. What do you have for reels?

I really only have 4 or 5 worth messing with. I have 1Saros,  1 Symetre, 1Citica, 1 Revo STX, 1 Cabelas Prodigy Baitcasting. My other reels were sub $60 so I doubt it would pay to try to have them repaired.

I can only imagine dealing with the aftermath of a fire. PM me and I'll make you a heck of a deal to help you out.