Sign in to follow this  
Vinny Chase

Dobyns rod power

I am looking to fill these two techniques:

0'-10' depth crankbaits

flippin rod

I have an opportunity to buy two Dobyns rods the fill these techniques, but they aren't necessary the power that a majority of people use. The two rods are:

0'-10' crankbaits-Dobyns 705cb (MH power)

flippin stick- Dobyns 765 flip (MH power)

If you have used these rods let me know your opinion!

Thanks,

VC

I've used a 765 flip on a few occasions. I'll definitely be adding one to my arsenal one day. That is a great rod. Very nicely balanced. I've had no problem using it moderately heavy cover.  You can probably use that thing all day and not be all that tired.  It felt a little underpowered for "really" thick stuff.  A 766 or 805 may be the better choice depending all on where you're going to use it.

I have a 766 and absolutely love it. I've actually thrown some deep cranks on it but primarily use it for flippin and frogs. Its very well balanced and not at all heavy for the size of it. If the rest of the line are comparable to it i'd say your gonna be happy.

I have the 705cb glass an LOVE it!!!! It will throw a Rico popper 30 yards on 10 lb mono. It is now my "everything with treble hooks" rod. My next one will be the 805 flip/punch.

I am looking to fill these two techniques:

0'-10' depth crankbaits

flippin rod

I have an opportunity to buy two Dobyns rods the fill these techniques, but they aren't necessary the power that a majority of people use. The two rods are:

0'-10' crankbaits-Dobyns 705cb (MH power)

flippin stick- Dobyns 765 flip (MH power)

If you have used these rods let me know your opinion!

Thanks,

VC

The 705CB is a great rod, I really also like the RM 764 CB rod, depending on length, both will do the trick great for baits in that range. The 705 makes an awesome ripbait rod as well.

The 765 is an awesome flipping rod. Depending on how heavy the cover is though, you may want to look at a 766. I think the 765 is one of the most versatile rods in the line up, sick jig rod, can double as  a frog rod when needed, and definitely is great for flipping and pitching. The majority of what guys flip the 765 would be great, but if you're flipping really really heavy stuff, the 766 is a nice fit.

PM me with any questions, I have both rods, as well as many others.

The 705CB wouldn't be my first choice for throwing 1/4oz cranks, but you will love it for anything in the 1/2 - 3/4oz range. I love my 705CB for lipless cranks. I have fished the 765C and think it will serve you well as long as the cover isn't incredibly heavy and you don't plan on punching with it. Overall, I say go for it. I don't think you will be dissapointed at all with either rod.

I have A 705cb it is a great rod that handles A nice variety of diffrent lures.  I also have a 704 cb glass and IMO the 705 is much more versitile.