Sign in to follow this  
Boogey Man

Lews is back

Stumbled across this this morning, looks like they have some new rods too. They have some of the same features as Abu/Pflueger/Bass Pro Shops. I'd guess they roll of the same lines. Always cool when new stuff comes out.

http://www.lews.com/reels.htm

While Lew's was the thing back in yesteryear (I have one of the original speed spools made by Shimano) the new offerings do not impress me at all.There are too many other good products out there too spend that kind of money and take a chance.

T

The Pflueger/Abu/BPS/Penn/Browning/Lews/Wright & McGill lines are getting boring.  Wonder how many times you can re-brand the same basic stuff.

The Pflueger/Abu/BPS/Penn/Browning/Lews/Wright & McGill lines are getting boring. Wonder how many times you can re-brand the same basic stuff.

Until there aren't anymore big names to promote them as the new, best thing ever that helps them compete.

Are these available at any dealers yet? If not, does anybody know when they will be?

If they re-introduced the LEWS BB1 or BB1N at a hundred bucks each I would buy four today. I taught my kids to use a baitcaster with these three bearing, centrifugal brakes only reels and they worked great and still do !!!

The Pflueger/Abu/BPS/Penn/Browning/Lews/Wright & McGill lines are getting boring. Wonder how many times you can re-brand the same basic stuff.

Like Daiwa needs an new 7.3 zillion or another reel to retail at $269.  I think the reel problem is having them at similar prices but not offering any major differences.  One of the best things I've seen happen is the price drop on the BPS JM Signature Series reel.