Sign in to follow this  
airborne_angler

How do Okuma Reels Stack up to other brands?

Like the title says,I was wondering how well Okuma Reels (mainly baitcasters) stack up against the likes of Quantum,Shimano,Daiwa,Ardent and Pflueger reels?

Anyone use and like the Okuma Brand?

Like the title says,I was wondering how well Okuma Reels (mainly baitcasters) stack up against the likes of Quantum,Shimano,Daiwa,Ardent and Pflueger reels?

Anyone use and like the Okuma Brand?

On PAR. ;)

I have a buddy that fishes them almost exclusively.  Haven't tried them, but he's got a season on the green baitcaster,and no issues.

I just bought a Serrano a while back. I've only used it three times (unless you count about a thousand casts from the front porch ;)) and so far I'm as impressed with this reel as I have been with any reel I've bought. Last weekend I was casting 3/16oz spinnerbaits and it handled light baits as well as heavy ones. Their breaking system is VERY effective. The profile is similar to Daiwa and on the retrieve it's a cross between Daiwa's "connected" feeling and Shimano's smoothness. The anti reverse has zero backplay. Can't speak for longevity or durability, but overall, I think it's an excellent reel.

I love my little cayenne, It took care of a 9.1 large mouth very easily. It is very smooth and I've been using it since June with no problems. If you have any specific questions just PM me.

-Alex

I've casted a serrano and they feel like a really nice reel.  They are small little reels, which I like, and palm nicely.  They cast very well and has a smooth retrieve.