Sign in to follow this  
aaaaaaa

ABU Revo reels

I have several REVO S,SX and Winch reels. The time has come for my regular maintenance. Can anyone tell me how to break these reels down for cleaning ? I read about dismantling the REVO S, loosening the top rod and removing the side plate. This did not work, seems there has to be more than one screw holding the side plate on.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!!!

I have several REVO S,SX and Winch reels. The time has come for my regular maintenance. Can anyone tell me how to break these reels down for cleaning ? I read about dismantling the REVO S, loosening the top rod and removing the side plate. This did not work, seems there has to be more than one screw holding the side plate on.

If this is the reel/s first servicing, I would recommend that the reels be serviced by a professional, but if you must DIY.

I would recommend that you have each reel/s schematic/s in front of you before you even start.

The thumb screw on the top is to open and remove the palming side plate, and spool.

Remove the crank assembly, then there are 2 screws on the outside of the crank side cover, and, one pan-head screw on the inside of the spool race that also holds the crank side plate on. Remove those 3 screws and the crank side cover will lift off.

Good Luck & Tight Lines!!

If this is the reel/s first servicing, I would recommend that the reels be serviced by a professional, but if you must DIY.

I would recommend that you have each reel/s schematic/s in front of you before you even start.

The thumb screw on the top is to open and remove the palming side plate, and spool.

Remove the crank assembly, then there are 2 screws on the outside of the crank side cover, and, one pan-head screw on the inside of the spool race that also holds the crank side plate on. Remove those 3 screws and the crank side cover will lift off.

I tear down my Revo S-L's myself.  II learned this the hard way...When you open the crank side cover be cautious of the two small springs that just sit atop small posts.  I always remove them immediatly and set them aside while I do the servicing.

x2 There are a couple other Revo specific things to watch for. One is the pin that holds the levelwind gear in place. The second is that the spool shaft pin is one directional, force it in the wrong direction and plan on buying a spool.