Sign in to follow this  
lynyrdsky1

Shimano Scimitar

Has anyone ever used one? Dad has one and I've fished it. Very good rod but I have never heard anything about it from other people.

I have had a some, good blank, heavy , bad guides.  I have one still in use 7' 10/20 with a medalist 5000.  Caught this guy with it couple of months ago.

The rod is in the background

34nh9nk.jpg

Has anyone ever used one? Dad has one and I've fished it. Very good rod but I have never heard anything about it from other people.

Yup, very good blank, very good budget rod, even tough the guide inserts appear to be brittle. Perhaps the reason why you don 't hear a lot about them has more to do with where you purchase tackle and the politics of purchase and sale of the retailer, perhaps they set a minimum price/level for the rods they sale. Down here you seldomly se a Scimitar, the "cheapest" rod you see around is Clarus or Convergence.

i have one I got it from a local fishing store it an ok rod i actually trying to sell it it a 6'6ft medium action , line 6-15lb , lure - 1/8oz -3/4oz and it a two piece rod wanting  to sell it for $25.00 . I have used it 5 times don't really like two pieces rod so much anymore now i am into 1piece rods  trying to upgrade it to a new st croix or abu garcia rods .