Sign in to follow this  
Muddy

Couple of ponds, a few dinks>WELL IT"S A START!!!!!!

Hey Fellas: Cant hit the lake until next week so went to my 2 favorite ponds. Water was 52 degrees still at the warmest spot. I caught a few dinks, 2 on a pointer Burley gave me and one on a Small Crank, which I &@#^! lost on the next cast. Got a slight sunburn AHHH FISHING IS HERE!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Muddy Mook glad you had a good time.  I got burn as well and been using the aloe too.  I had a blast out there even though I have been skunked 3 out of the 3 times I went.  Like you always tell me its fishing not catching.  I think once I learn more of this lake I'll be able to put together some patterns.  

Dom, it's been a tough long painful winter.  Haven't put a hitch on the van or gotten the boat motor fixed yet.  Besides the license, I've only spent $7.99 on fishing so far this year (10lb XL line), and got a way's to go before that goal of $25 max. Glad to see you got out.  I went to Mauch Chunk two weekends ago for the morning just to see if I still knew how to fish (and to test the knee and shoulder out).  I just walked the bank near Launch A.  Picked up one 14 LM on a Lucky Craft Slender Pointer. That was it not even another bite.  Just not into it much this year hopefully that will change soon.

I've got a nice tan going -on my hands, neck, nose and ears! Fisherman's tan LOL. I keep forgetting to throw the sunblock in. In fact, I'm going to go do it right now! Thanks Dom.

I'm jealous Muddy! ;D Wish the temps were still that low on the waters I've been hitting! I've been finding bass on beds already. :-/ You may have only caught a few dinks but at least you had some action and started that tan! :)  You have to hate losing a bait right after you caught a bass on it! Been there, done that too!

Good going Muddy! Its nice us northerners can start coming out of hibernation to fish again.

Water temps are still cold here in upstate NY. We still have some nights just above freezing near Lake George.