Sign in to follow this  
Blade-Runner

Weather Sucks in IN...

I cannot remember a spring in the last few years where we were this up and down on the weather...

I was reading temps up to about 58 degrees last week on some shallower ponds - now they are back down in the low-50's. By the end of this week, we could very well be back down in the upper-40's on some areas. These cold nights have been really hurting the water and keeping activity very unstable. I'm finding fish, then finding them completely gone the next day. It's making for a challenge, which I typically enjoy - but has nonetheless complicated things up here in Hoosierland.

I'm guessing that when it hits - it's really gonna hit up here. I've been listening around and haven't really heard much of anything going on - not even with some of the hot early-season crappie lakes, the walleye impoundments, or the white bass runs that usually start early.

I will say one thing - it has definitely kept the fishing pressure down. I haven't seen near the amount of folks on the water that I am normally used to seeing. We'll see how this plays out, but we are no doubt several weeks behind normal, to say the least...

I will second everything you said!

Yep... ive had about 10+ deg water swings in the last week or two.  I read the NW cove of my lake at 63 deg a week and a half ago and I bet it is down to very low 50s if not lower by now.  Probably going to mess the fish up pretty bad.

I can't wait for it to stabilize. We were on Patoka lake over the weekend and the fishing sucked. The shallows were on in the lower 50s on Saturday.

Looks like it may be the next weekend before fishing gets really good.

It has been nasty. The up and down temps really hurt this time of year. Buddy and I were going to fish Patoka this weekend. But pushing it til next. Prob go to Waveland. GOTTA FISH! Seems like we are finally getting a decent amount of Hoosiers one here.

Rand

I agree. Not enough Hoosiers in here.

Seems like Hoosiers are awfully quite. I started playing on another Hoosier specific board and it is quite there too.

I finally caught a bass over 4lbs last Sunday at Patoka. Largest bass for me yet!

I've been hitting the municipal electric-only's and some local small lakes in the last week. They've heated up to the mid-50's (after bumping 60 10-14 days ago)...

Have one public lake in particular that has been coughing up at least one 3+ lb'er every trip so far...It's fun fishing but it's high pressure, small water. And definitely not a numbers lake. Probably 100 casts to every fish hooked...

We tested Prairie Creek (Delaware County) on Sunday and the surface temp. at the bottom 2/3rds of the lake was 47 degrees!

I'm saying Thurs/Fri. of this week (forecast upper 60's and clear) are going to be the best shot so far of the year at a big pre-spawn. I'm going to be on the water...

Anyone have a report on Monroe i have a tournament there on sunday. Havent made it there yet. Hardy a couple of weeks ago and caught them on the points finished second. Racoon was still about 20 feet low but I have heard people catching crappie out there. let me know of any monroe reports though thanks

Hey guys,

well, I'm not origionally a hoosier, but I've been working my way around the state so far trying to find some good places to fish.  Waveland/Geist seem to have been hits for me so far.  Was thinking about going to Maxikuckee this weekend.  Any suggestions about any of these places?  Has anyone seen bass spawning yet?  

Sorry wrenchesdude, no advice.  Haven't fished there yet but hopefully will soon.

I was on Brookville this past weekend.  Managed to pull this one, but the rest were dinks.  The weather forecast is looking good for the next week so the fish should get back in their groove....

post-20875-130162934443_thumb.jpg