Sign in to follow this  
Tim1980

Electric only reserviors in PA

How many electric only reservoirs are in in PA. I tried to find a list online and can't find it.  There is alot less pressure on those waters usually.  Wilmore and Beaverdale are the two I usually fish.

There are to many to count. If you ever go to the poconos you would know why I say that. There are probably close to 40 lakes in the poconos that are TM only alone.

Wow I had no idea there was that many, I don't fish there right now but after I get my new boat I probably will make trips like that then.  Is there a list through the fish commission or do you have to find them for yourself?  

This might help some: http://www.fish.state.pa.us/lakes.htm

I did a quick check and the couple lakes that I looked at tells wheather its an electic only lake or not.

I can think of 8 off the top of my head that I've fished.

That is a great start. There are a few on there I would recommend and a bunch that I fish that aren't even on that map. I bought a map of PA with EVERY water labeled on it. I am talking EVERYTHING. When I am bored and want to fish new water I will just use the map find it on GPS and drive to it.

My Dad has one of those maps too. I can't remember where he said he got it. If Robby (or anyone else) can't help, I'll ask him this evening.

I believe I have the same map.

I picked it up at the PA Welcome Center entering the state from New York.

You might want to contact the Fish Commission to request a copy.  That would be my best guess.

Don't forget www.dcnr.state.pa.us  ( find a park )   they have alot of electr.pwr . lakes  and good fishing.  If you have  a county or counties in mind . I could send you mail of the elec. pwr. only lakes for them counties. What makes them electric motor only lakes is a few subjects of design such as the rate of inflow and rate of outflow, erosion control , size vs depth, ect.ect.  I will PM you  tonight TIM1980

Pinchot is electric only but it receives insane amounts of fishing pressure for its size.

Don't waste your time at Pinchot! There's no bass in there!  :D;):D  Don't bother with Hawghead bait shop either, there's nothing worth while in there either!  ::)

A couple years back, we had a small BR get together there. Got to meet a couple really great guys then!

Pinchot is electric only but it receives insane amounts of fishing pressure for its size.

Don't waste your time at Pinchot! There's no bass in there! :D;):D Don't bother with Hawghead bait shop either, there's nothing worth while in there either! ::)

A couple years back, we had a small BR get together there. Got to meet a couple really great guys then!

Yep, Pinchot has very tiny bass, don't fish there... I just fish there periodically to, uh, check to make sure that there are still no big bass... because there's not... so stay away...  :)

Hawghead has some good stuff though they're just way overpriced IMO

We locals know better! What about them hybrid stripe bass ? or aren't we going to call them bass today. I'll go along with the post facts if your just fishing the same spots as the last 1000 fishermen. Sometimes you have to fish off the old trail that everyone else is fishing. Ever see the PFC netting fish in the lake ? you would change your mind. No one see's anyone catching walleye but tests prove they are in the lake and stocked every year on top of that.   Hawghead bait shop? I'd like to see new owners!

The Poconos are loaded with electric only lakes I live here. Most of the lakes are not enormous though. Promised Land State Park, Minsi Lake, Mauch Chunk Lake, Keen Lake, Brady's Lake, Lackawanna Lake, Egypt Meadows, all are electric and that is just off the top of my head now.

We locals know better! What about them hybrid stripe bass ? or aren't we going to call them bass today. I'll go along with the post facts if your just fishing the same spots as the last 1000 fishermen. Sometimes you have to fish off the old trail that everyone else is fishing. Ever see the PFC netting fish in the lake ? you would change your mind. No one see's anyone catching walleye but tests prove they are in the lake and stocked every year on top of that. Hawghead bait shop? I'd like to see new owners!

I was being sarcastic dude, I love pinchot. There are some hawgs in that lake and from what I hear from some people who have electroshocked it, it has state record potential. And yeah, Hawghead definitely needs new owners