Sign in to follow this  
flippin4it.

Mercer in the A.M.

I'm going to be hitting Mercer in the morning, early. About 7 A.m. till noon. Anyone else game? Just look for a big boy with a  goatee and a fishing pole.

Go down Hooes road from Route 123 and go into the condo developement on the left and then take a left once you are in the condo developement and park down in the cul de sac.

I go in off of Wagon Trail Lane and make the walk to the water. Thats the end I'll be at. Pk, try to make it, I seem to have some great luck there. It's all a matter of will power.

Pk, finished the morning at Mercer with 7 total. 2 keepers and 5 lil' ones. I lost a big one shortly after hooking it. Would have liked to seen that one. Let me know when you can get out.

dang flippin, you catchin keepers at mercer? You throwin jigs? Nice job.

All fish caught on a shakey head rig. The key was location. It seems everyone is blinded by the dam or stumps. You got to go where there is no path. During the early spring I caught one 7+ and regularly catch 3-5 pounders. Now I have been in dink city more times than not, but alot of that has to do with the bait I'm throwing at the time. Buzzbaits seem to ba a big fish bait and 3/8 or larger spinner baits. Also try larger soft plastics, it will cut down on the numbers caught but will increase the average size. Throw  the full size Brush hog and 6 inch Senko's. Give me a shout/PM and we'll try to set something up for next weekend.  Anyone else game?

Rob,

Sounds like you had a good day.  I am going there tomorrow morning and I am hoping to finally catch something in that lake.  I have only been there once and I got skunked back in the middle of the summer.  Hopefully I will have a good day tomorrow.

Went to Mercer today and had a good day as well. I used crankbaits and Rat-L Traps and a Rapala SSR7. I caught four LMBs, two dinks, a 1.75lb LMB and a 3.5lb LMB. Here is the 1.75lb LMB.

post-10436-130162939864_thumb.jpg

Nice catch there!

Man, I've lived in Burke since 2002 and I'm just learning now that I'm in the middle of a bunch great fishing lakes.  I should have been at this game years ago!

Good day out there today dad.  I was glad to see one of us get on em'.  Hopefully tommorrow I'll get back in the game.  I wanna hit the other side of the lake tommorrow and hit some of the areas through the woods (less pressured).  Anyway, looks like the Rat-L-Trap has been hot lately too.  Keep at it.  See you in the morning.

Well guys I got bored sitting home after Jason and I fished Mercer this morning. I decided to go back after lunch and give it one more try. I have to say that I am glad I did because I now have a new PB. Check out the hog in the picture, 5.5lbs. What a great day fishing, the man upstairs really took care of me today.

post-10436-13016293988_thumb.jpg

That is an f-in' hog.  I'm jealous as anything... all you guys getting these 3-4 lbers and I'm stuck with the dinks.  I really hope I get something at Mercer tommorrow or Curtis on Wednesday before my fishing pretty much ends this year.  The dink I caught today on the trap wasn't really what I was looking for, but hey... I guess a fish is better than nothing.  Nice pb.

save some fish for me!! I can't make it out till this weekend. I'm thinking sunday we should go out there. Simon and his kayaks and me with my raft. LETS GO!

Ron , nice fish. Are you guys using digital scale. I need to get mine checked. Mine is reading way lite based on you pics.

save some fish for me!! I can't make it out till this weekend. I'm thinking sunday we should go out there. Simon and his kayaks and me with my raft. LETS GO!

sounds goos to me =P