Sign in to follow this  
Irun26pt2

Peacock Bass Question

I was wondering if anybody knows if the peacock have started bedding yet?  I appreciate any info that anybody could give me

Thanks

Seth

They're done bedding here in Broward...   you get peacock in Wellington???? :o  I didn't think they lived up there...???

They're done bedding here in Broward... you get peacock in Wellington???? :o I didn't think they lived up there...???

I think the northern most point you will find them is the Palm Beach canal (runs parallel with Southern blvd).   If they are any farther north than that its really sparatic.

I moved from west Fort Lauderdale to Georgia abut 1.5 yrs ago. The only thing I miss about south Florida is the walking to the area lakes and catching both Largemouth and Peacock on the same lures, anytime you liked. Tight lines, Jim

They're done bedding here in Broward...   you get peacock in Wellington???? :o  I didn't think they lived up there...???

My buddy called me yesterday during the bite.  He had 15 in 45 minutes up to 4.5 ponds.

I moved from west Fort Lauderdale to Georgia abut 1.5 yrs ago. The only thing I miss about south Florida is the walking to the area lakes and catching both Largemouth and Peacock on the same lures, anytime you liked. Tight lines, Jim

I hear you - - Just today my boys came back from fishing our neighborhood lake and had caught several of both.  We get more action in our own backyard most of the time,  than we do on our trips to other, larger lakes. :)

We do get Peacock Bass up here in Wellington.  As a matter of fact they are in Lake Wellington.  I went out Peacock fishing this weekend and caught 18 peacock.  I went back out Wednesday and was a tough day fishing for them.  We only caught 5.  The weather has really affected them spawning.  Hopefully the weather clears up so they'll start bedding again.