Sign in to follow this  
Trevor in Burke

got 'em!

Well Rob and I have been hunting this fish for a few trips, one day I was even out on the boat with my dad and Rob was on the bank and pointed it out to us (we felt like we were cheating, oh well, not like I caught it that day :P) anyway for the past few trips neither of us have been able to get it to go after anything or move anything off the bed. The only thing I got it to look at was a white worm on a shaky head. We threw everything the past few trips from senkos, lizards, tubes to spinnerbaits, buzzbaits, devil's horses and this time, yesterday right after Rob left I said "I'm gonna go give it another shot" and sure enough I got her/him on a rainbow trout bass assasin. I was fishin' it through the stirke zone just like you would a fluke normally and it went after it, it wasn't even on the bed, just in the area.

I was a little disappointed that it didn't turn out to be as big as I thought but that didn't take away from being totally stoked that I finally caught it, it was rewarding. We put in a lot of hours on that one fish ;D anyway I thought it was the male because it really doesn't have a stomach that I'd expect of a female in which case that'd be a big male and I don't feel that they've laid they're eggs just yet, but I could be wrong. Anyway it weighed 3 and a half pounds, could of sworn it would have gone for 4.5-5 when we saw it in the water, not so. That's my story.

Congratulations, great story!

Most fish look bigger in the water, like the ones that get away!

I think if everyone actually weighed their catch, most "about 5,

maybe 6" would be 3lbs or so. It takes "about 8" to get to 5.

8-)

well done great story. according to Hannon fish look 30% larger underwater...

glad to hear you finally got him.  I've been fishing this one pond where this lunker took my jerkbait and made my drag scream for it's life then spit it out right in my face.  Then a week later she followed my crank to within 3 ft of me and just turns and says NO THANKS!

It always hapens when you're about to leave too...it's been eating at me everyday but i'm determined to land that sucker.  I'm sure you were feeling the same way with that fish and now you're kind of relieved and satisfied.

congrats, dude. I think its funny you had a fish nemesis.

Great story. Really, more like hunting than fishing.