Sign in to follow this  
Josh.

Guntersville

Me and my dad are in a father son championship at Guntersville in mid july and want to know if anyone has fished it and if you will give us ant tips??? :-? :)

We have several members who fish the lake.

I hope someone will drop by and reply.

8-)

Guntersville is all about fishing the grass. Hydrilla and Milfoil are everywhere on Lake Guntersville. During July it will be hot and I've noticed that some bass stay shallow and get in the really think grass, or they go deep. Your best bet is probably going to be main channel grass lines around humps, points, and ledges in  5- 15 feet of water. But early and late you can find some really good bass in fairly shallow water as well. Currently the evening top water bite has been tapernig off, but the early morning top water bite is still strong. That will likely start to taper off soon as well.

Your best bets baitwise are crankbaits on the edges of grass on points and ledges where bass will suspend and cruise. Senko type worms pretty much anywhere. I've been having a lto of success with wacky rigged senkos so far this summer. Big worms on grass lines work well too. The jig bite is supposed to start really kicking in in the next few weeks, especially in the shallow thick grass areas.

Hope that helps. I love Lake Guntersville because there are a lot of fish in that lake and many of them are good size fish. Its a big body of water but there are lots of places to fish unlike some lakes I've been on.