Sign in to follow this  
Micro

Smallmouth in the tidal Potomac

I never knew Smallmouth existed in the tidal Potomac.  I thought they only lived above the Fall Line in Virginia.   But I saw an episode of City Limits Fishing on Versus and dang sure enough, they were catching nice smallies in the tidal waters around DC.

Anyone nail any smallies in the tidal section of the Potomac?

I also saw that same episode and was SHOCKED. From what I hear, it is a rarity,  but they are there.

We get a few around Alexadria, usually along the rockier sections, and usually their either really nice or really not, we never seem to catch the 10 inchers there.  

there are loads of smallies around teddy roosevelt island but the place annoys me with all the tourists, but when i went thats all i would go for ;)

I always fish the Potomac but I believe I fish a little bit more southernthen were ya'll are fishing. I fish out of Aquai Creek but I have never caught a smallie on the potomac. :)

I never knew Smallmouth existed in the tidal Potomac.  I thought they only lived above the Fall Line in Virginia.   But I saw an episode of City Limits Fishing on Versus and dang sure enough, they were catching nice smallies in the tidal waters around DC.

Anyone nail any smallies in the tidal section of the Potomac?

I used to launch out of Gravely Point and fish the bridges such as the Key, 14th and so on. The Smallies seemed to lurk on the down current side of the bridge.

The guy on the show with Ike is Robert Pearson, I used to work on his trucks. If you see him, say hey. He's is one of the coolest out there.