Sign in to follow this  
SimonSays

Caught my PB smallie =D

2lb 15oz, in Fredericksburg tossing a watermelon red coffee tube off one of those weighted tube hooks.  It put up an AWESOME fight! I'm loving the smallie action!

2672973662_4cec3c7154.jpg

Hey Simon,

That fish was awesome. And watching you fight it was real cool. You looked like a pro with the way you were handling the rod and stuff. Definately entertaining and couldn't have happend at a better time. At the END of the day as we were getting out of the water haha. Those bigger fish certainly hit better in the afternoon down there. We need to do it again.

You were funny as we were ready to weigh it too lol.  CAMERA FIRST!!! Learned your lesson quick when you saw my smallie dart out of my hand as I was reaching for my scale lol.  Son of a b%&$*% Lol.  But so is life.

Good job nailin' that one. I can't wait to get back out for those guys again. We just need to head upstream EARLY!!! Haha.

Congratulations!

Once you get a taste for smallmouth fishing,

green fish become boring. Stay after them,

I'm looking forward to the picture of your next

PB.

8-)

Awesome fish Simon. :) You guys are killing them down there, I gotta make the trip soon.  :)

Was that on that trip to the spot I recommended to Jason? If so, I'm glad other people are finding success there as well. I definitely want to go with you guys before I go back to school on August 15th.

Please, though, if you can help it, try to keep it between a few people and avoid making public posts that will come up in google searches. I don't want to be a jerk about it, and I am more than happy to share it with members of the forum, but the place is starting to get more crowded and it is just a small river.

Was that on that trip to the spot I recommended to Jason? If so, I'm glad other people are finding success there as well. I definitely want to go with you guys before I go back to school on August 15th.

Please, though, if you can help it, try to keep it between a few people and avoid making public posts that will come up in google searches. I don't want to be a jerk about it, and I am more than happy to share it with members of the forum, but the place is starting to get more crowded and it is just a small river.

Yep, it was, I'm glad you made that recommendation =D

I've been trying to keep the name out of my posts and only refer to the general fredericksburg area so it shouldn't come up on searches.  Gotta keep it on the DL!  8-)

Dan, I was pretty generic in my blog. I don't think many people can get the spot as I didn't say where the launch was and or what part of the river it was on. I can if you'd like take out the part about the actual name of the river. Let me know through pm. But like I said, I haven't told anybody but the two people I brought (Simon and my buddy Eric from the forum here "skmafia23").

The only other thing is I will hold this spot and bite my tongue... ONLY if you get out and fish it with me dagnabbit!!!! :P

j/k bud!  But we do need to get out again soon.

Thanks guys. Like I said, I don't mind sharing with a few people, but there are more and more people there these days and I figure it might be a post that was found through google and I just want to make sure...