Sign in to follow this  
RnO

First time going to Orlando, where should I go?

I am heading to Orlando in 2 weeks (around the disney area) for a weekend with the father-in-law and would like to spend all of saturday bass fishing.

I was wondering if some of you experts and locals could point me towards a lake (from what I've researched Toho) we could go to, what areas on the lakes we should look for, etc.

If we can rent a boat that'd work too, we just want to have a good time and catch a couple of decent size bass.

Thanks!

Only rentals in Orlando area: http://www.eastlakefishcamp.net/

Not much in the way of shore fishing on Toho. Florida waters with inaccessible shore lines, critters, and weeds, is not the greatest place for shore fishing.

Great thanks, this looks great. The prices are very reasonable but I wanted to fish with finesse worms as opposed to live bait, do you think that'll be too difficult if everyone there fishes with live bait?

Thanks.

Search this site for Turkey Lake

PM me if you want but basically rent boats from 7-12 w/ 5hp motors and elec motors.  Reserve now!!!

BYO rods and tackle

last time i called on Turkey lake they wern't renting boats anymore. couple months ago.

OK great. What's my best bet up there, finesse worms, spinner baits, frogs? I'm thinking going with finesse works and trying spinner baits in case I see fallen trees and stuff, but googlemapping I see a lot of weeds and vegetation, which seems to imply that frogs might be a good idea (never used them).

Thanks for the advice.

Artificial baits, in particular plastics, will stand you in good stead this time of the year.

RNO,

Have you checked with Disneyworld to fish their ponds?

They have half and full day trips and I understand it is very good fishing.

You have to go with a guide.

I hope to fish the Disneyworld ponds one day.  :)

Google "Disney fishing", pick first link, check rates - $250 for two hours on pontoon boat. Look at pic and see if you can guess who the guy is on the front of that Nitro.

Pontoon boat: PRICE: (tax exempt)

$150 - 2 Hours (Single Person) 1:30 ONLY

$250 - 2 Hours (2-5 People) 7:00 & 10:00 ONLY

$225 - 2 Hours (2-5 People) 1:30 ONLY

$435 - 4 Hours (2-5 People) 7:00am - 11:00am & 10:00 - 2:00

Nitro or equivalent:Maximum 2 guests per boat:

7:00am - 11:00am: $395.00 (tax exempt) per boat

7:00am - 9:00am: $230.00 (tax exempt) per boat

10:00am - 12:00pm: $230.00 (tax exempt) per boat

10:00am - 2:00pm: $395.00 (tax exempt)  per boat

1:30pm - 3:30pm: $200.00 (tax exempt) per boat

I thought I'd follow this up with a report, overall completely fruitless week-end in terms of fishing.

Day 1) East Lake Toho (7am-11h30am)

Spinner Baits: NO bites

Worms (red.black laminate, green pumpkin) 2 Bites

Crank Baits (lipless): NO bites

Day 2) Turkey Lake (7am-11am)

Crank baits (baby bass, silver and blue): NO Bites

Worms (green pumpkin, black/blue): 4 Bites, no catch

Buzz Bait:

Deep Crank (red crawfish): No bites

Thanks for everyone's help. Overall the best best for anyone not familiar to Orlando would be to check out Orlando's "Fish Orlando" initiative http://www.floridaconservation.org/Fishing/fishorlando/index.html as it is a good starting point.

i actually was down orlando last year and went to toho and did a little fishing from bank. FLW was holding an event there and one of the amatuers didnt show up for the second day and i got to fish as an observer. It was awesome. The pro was out of South Carolina but i cant for the life of me remember his name. Trad or Trav something. He had ranger comanche. Anyways, i told my wife that morning id be back in a few hours.LOL well lets just say 7am to 4pm is not just a few hours to her. But anyways i had a great time and we caught some fish.

Only rentals in Orlando area: http://www.eastlakefishcamp.net/

Not much in the way of shore fishing on Toho. Florida waters with inaccessible shore lines, critters, and weeds, is not the greatest place for shore fishing.

If you rent at Eastlake, go thru Fells Cove and into Lake Ajay, take the canal up to the locks. All the locks on the Toho chain are holding nice bass early in the morning and evening.

post-5228-130162941658_thumb.jpg

When I'm short on time or too lazy to take the boat out I run down to any of the locks. Shiners, super flukes, or Storm swim baits work well morning or evening. Bream, specks, and large cats too.

post-5228-130162941665_thumb.jpg