Sign in to follow this  
Mike 12345

Best options for Orlando area bassing?

I'll be in Orlando late next year for a conference, and would not mind getting into some good fishing while in the area.  I can look out the window of the hotel I'll be staying out and see at least 3 good size ponds, complete with weeds, lily pads, etc...but I don't know if they are accessible to me.

Anyone have any ideas of a good local lake I might try while there?

Thanks

Central Florida has just about a fishable body of water every mile or so. Most hold bass in it. When I drive arround, I sometimes stop off at a "bassy" retention pond and toss out a few. Usually 2-3 pounders out of here.

So when you come visit, you have a few options. 1) you can pole arround and fish a few bodies of water/lakes from the shore 2) you can hire a guide to take you out, or 3) you can go to some of the foshing peirs over lakes, or 4) you can rent your own boat for 15$ at Turkey lake.

I have been to Turkey Lake many times and have cought some 6-8 pound bass and numerous 3-5's. Lots of Crappie and Blue gills also. You have to release the bass but can keep your bag limit of panfish. You rent the boat from 7am-11am and it comes with a trolling motor and a fishfinder. Its a nice deal. The number is 407-299-1248 if you want more info and reserve when it comes closer to the time of your trip.

Being a local and without a boat, I like this option and just going to local lakes the best.

Vic

No problem.  I figured you woulndt be taking your own boat with you lol  Ohh just be sure to pick up a fishing liscence also.  Any walmart or sporting goods store will sell them.

Did Turkey Lake start renting boats again? A few months back they weren't.

But there are 4 or 5 docks at Turkey Lake that are still good fishing.

Last winter the boats had 5hp motors too

To see if they are still renting check online or call them

looks like a great lake.  only fished from shore once and got a few dinks