Sign in to follow this  
CaptTodd

Central Florida Bass Fishing on a COLD DAY! 2-3-09

Well I had the chance to do some bass fishing yesterday just after a huge front came through.  I knew conditions would be tough but we managed to catch a few 2-3 pound fish with some smaller ones mixed in.  We were working brush piles in 13 to 16 foot of water and the retrieve was brutually SLOW.  We were using carolina rigs and texas rigged plastic worms june bug color with paddle tails.  We would literally be hung on a tree and jiggle the bait until a bass would hit.

As the day got later it turned colder and the fish really started turning off.  All in all it was a good day considering the conditions.  We got enough film for Fishing Simplified and we didn't have to film more than one day thank god because it has just gotten colder.  I am hoping by next week we can get out again and do some more bass fishing!

Capt. Todd

Cool! At least you got some.I got skunked yesterday. ::)The wind was wicked evil and my 14ft jon and tm were no match. Supposed to be about 32-34 tomorrow in my neck of the swamp and hope the wind dies down.

omg its freezing 31 degrees here and it feel like 20 degrees with wind

i want to fish im sick of these stupid cold fronts ......

weather needs to make up its mind.............

venting       >:( >:(

I live in North Lakeland and it was in the teens because I live out in the middle of nowhere.  Dj where are you from in Polk County!  Yeah we thought about going out and doing some saltwater fishing today but called it.  It willhave to wait for next week. I have seminars ALL WEEKEND LONG! :D

Capt Todd

If it makes you feel any better it was 7* here this morning and 8* yesterday morning and there is about 4" of snow on the ground.  Oh yeah, all ponds are frozen over.  It's calling for 60* here on Saturday and not a darn thing you can do to fish!

32 here this morning and went fishing around 11.  the weather was decent and had some nice action, in fact the last 3 days have been good.

I went out on Spring Lake in Altamonte before the game Sunday and surprisingly landed a few 2-3 pounders within 15 minutes.  The day before I got up around 6 and got a 3 pounder and a few nice speck at Sand Lake.  This year seems to be starting out good.  Seems like there is a comeback in the hatch over the last few years.  Does anyone else feel that?

kissimmee this morning.  water temps 54-57.  wind from the north/northwest up around 20ish.  plenty of beds to see if you just like looking at where they were.

didnt fish much, mostly looked, but caught 4 in the 2lb range in shallow water with reaction baits.