Sign in to follow this  
bocaLMBhunter

boca delmar golfcourses. anyone familiar?

I would fish it as I would fish any pond.  I'm assuming you have access, it's private, and you would be fishing in the late Pm or evening, after the golfers have cleared out.  The ranger most likely will not let you interfere with play.

If I were fishing it I'd be using topwater around shoreline reeds, horny toads as well.  Other than that not knowing the terrain, I'd take   jerk bait hard or soft, inline spinner(roostertail), spinnerbait  and crappie jigs are often real killers, that should about do it.  I don't use much in the way of plastics unless I'm in lawn chair drinking Pina Coladas our of a cooler.

I think you kind of missed his point there....

But I'd hope he caught a few birdies and the occasional eagle.  Although if he's like me, he caught more bogies...

I think you kind of missed his point there....

But I'd hope he caught a few birdies and the occasional eagle. Although if he's like me, he caught more bogies...

Exactly.

I had to look that course up, 6144 yards with a slope of 131, that could be fun.

It's a private equity course and looks like it's gated access just about everywhere, I'm a little familiar with the area.  Not to say there are no gatecrashers but I would think most fisherman there are residents fishing in areas that do not interfere with golfplay.

ohh. didn't catch it the first time bassinblvd.lol. sirsnookalot, all of the courses are closed in bocadelmar. money issue about two years ago. i tried it at about dusk yesterday an got a 5-6 pounder. thts it though. i was lookin for peacocks

I knew 1 course was closed just north of sw 18 th real (and camino del mar), I fished it once and caught a peacock.  There were no fishing signs so I never went back.  It's right around the block from military canal.  Parking is a problem around there.

yeah there is a part where one of the canals get skinny, and i pulled a nice 4 pounder out of in back 03, and there has been peacocks up in till about 3 months ago. The weeds are so overtaking. Now all i see is talipia mayans and small bass. where should i be looking?

sirsnookalot, the course where you caught the peacock...were they little tiny no fishing signs. and is backed up to nice houses?

How about that canal right before 18th street heading north on powerline. There's even a large bridge and a spot to pull over looks like there could be some prime fishing there.

yep, no fishing signs.............

snook, i know where your talking bout, im suprised u pulled a peacock outta there, i had no luck

Corner Palm Dore & Camino Del Mar

l