Sign in to follow this  
Blue Streak

Anybody killing them on Sweet Beavers??

I have had some good fishing with those baits for the past few years. I t rig them with a light weight and I have done best with dark colors like Junebug, black/blue fleck, and watermelon.

I caught a few last year but it is not a go to bait for me.  I don't tend to have the best luck with them.  I have tried several colors and presentations.  

just bought a pack of them in watermelon/red and a pack in magic craw/red. took me for ever to find a dealer in oklahoma. while i was there i got some of their trixie shad too. plan to try them both soon!

It's almost the only bait I've thrown for the past 2 weeks. Biggest was last week and only 6lbs 13oz. But they do catch some nice fish.

Yes sir...love me some Beaver!  I think you will love the 5.2 version...it tends to attract better fish.  The 5.2 in Big Texan is one of my favorite plastics.

Beaver craw from ***, the huge one-4.25",... hot bait.  Eric hit a 5.7 on one yesterday.  I'll have one on today, whatever color is on top.

i just started throwing them this year. the smallie beaver is what i throw the most and i catch some pretty good fish on it. i am going to start throwing the sweet beaver though. bigger baits bigger fish!

Bought a bunch from *** to try this year.

Is there a certain situation where this style of bait excels?  Granted lots of this is preference, of course, but I'm just curious...

Oh Yeah. It is one of my goto trailers for a C-rig.

x2!