Sign in to follow this  
WhiteMike1018

Anise oil..where to buy?

Ok so I'm Looking for some anise oil to buy to keep my baits "slick", have them come through grass easier, and to mask any unwanted scents.

If anyone uses this im looking for what type to buy and also looking to get the most for my money!  :)

help me out!

Welcome back  :)

I always get mine in the grocery store, in with the spices and cooking supplies. Up here it's labeled as "Anise Extract"

To buy 100% pure anise oil you will have to visit your local pharmacy; the last time I bought some it was $6.99 an ounce.

Yum has an anise oil attractant.I saw it at wal-mart the other day.I think it's 4.99.

The only place y'all find 100% pure anise oil is at your local pharmacy, the rest will be 40-70% max.  :)

Guest muddy

Pure Anise Can only be found at a PHARMACY

Heads up fellas: LIKE DISSOLVES LIKE,  and especially if you mix it with any kind of oil based substance andi you spray or rub it on a soft plastic biat, the bait starts to solubilize, do not put the bait back into your box or next to different color baits they will bleed into each other

As usual, Catt is right again.

You can always purhcase the seeds and boil them.

But if you really want it, check out your local drug store.

And it smells like liquorish.

And you can stink up the house and if you are married you wife will want to know what you are doing with that horrible oder.  Been there, done that.

Give it shot.

And don't forget Megabass attractant. It stays on your baits and is slippery and does not smell bad.

I think you want more than Anise if you are looking to make your baits "slick".  Back in the old days we made a scent for baits by mixing a little Anise with some Glycerin.  The glycerin is what lubricates and the anise adds the scent.

I just buy Anise extract and mix it with mineral oil.I put the mixture in a spray bottle and just spray it on my lures.I'll put a few drops in my worm bags to keep them from sticking together.