Sign in to follow this  
SPAZ

Casting with tubes

Do any of you use tubes and fish them on a t-rig similar to how you would a worm? I know most people use it for flipping and under docks just wondering if it can be used just casting with success.

T-rigged (weedless), with a bead and unpegged is how I generally fish a tube.

8-)

I do cast tubes and fish them pretty much like a bottom bouncing bait ( most of the time they hit it on the fall ). You can rig them weedless with a 1/16 - 1/8 oz jighead with a 3 or 4/0 hook ( doesn 't have to be a tube jighead  :) ) to bring out that killer spiraling sink they have.

The process of rigging quite simple, insert the hook in the cavity first and pull out the hook as you dress the jighead with the bait ( you need to leave a little head on the bait or the jighead can 't rotate ), now you have the jighead inside the bait with the hook protruding from it, insert the hook back into the bait like T-rigging it to make it weedless, now press on the bait against the jighead eye to expose the hook eye and tie your line. Now it 's weedless and wahing the sinker more in the rear the bait will sink spiraling down.

I caught more bass last season on a T-rigged Yum Vibra King tube than ribbontail worms, and I fish a lot of worms.  I casted all of these tubes off of our dock with an unpegged Tru-Tungsten bullet weight.  I have a lot of confidence in this presentation.

yea  i like casting trigged tubes over flooded timber!!!  

I like to T-rig tubes as it has become my go-to presentation when times are tough.

I like to use a 2/0 Shaw Grigsby HP hook, and I usually go with the lightest weight I can.  More often than not I use a 1/8 oz bullet weight.