Sign in to follow this  
suede55bowtie

Fish a Tiki Stick like a scum frog!

Went to my local spot yesterday, found fishing to be a little tough (cold front got us into the 50s, dirty water lots of rain and wind change, and lots of wind) I caught about 10 or so nice bass, my biggest was about 2 1/2lbs or so. Nice scrappers. So anywho, fishing slowed down around noon, the sun was high so I decided to attack the scum, caught a few on my last scum frog until I lost it (forgot to retie and on a cast it went SOARING hahahaha always retie after a fish!)

So I got my mind working and decided to try a 6" Tiki worm rigged weightless with a 5/0 hook over the scum like I would a frog, and BOOM I lost 2 really nice fish. Both WELL over 5lbs (Never fish heavy cover with a medium action rod! USE A FLIPPIN STICK!!!!) but Anywho the bass were TEARING up my Tiki Stick. I would work it over the scum with slow tiny tiny twitches. Once it got into open water Id swim it like a jerkbait with short pauses here and there. Anyone try this? I suppose you could do this with any type of worm you know? The color I was using was "Christmas Tree." Basically watermellon with red flake.

Give it a try in the dog days of summer!!!!!!!! Youd be suprised!

Ain't it something how the "biggun's" are the ones that get awaY?

::)

Yea I wouldve brushed it off, but the thing is that I saw them before they spit the hook! I was so ticked hahahaha

That's how th become "bigguns"