Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
fishfordollars

Anyone here fish a crawworm as much as I do?

Recommended Posts

I love fishing a jig in the grass, but I also like to pitch and flip a large crawworm on a 1/2-1.0 oz florida screw weight at times and it will make a difference. I like the Gene Larew in the larger sizes. Colors in Camo, Greens w/orange pinchers, junebug, watermellon red,  pumpkin, brown and cinnimon. Anyone else into the crawworm?

I fish it mostly in the hydrilla.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gene Larew Salty Hawg Craws in 4, 5, & 6 in the following colors:

Black Blue

Junebug/Blue Claw

Black Neon

Black Neon/ Silver Claw

Gene Larew no longer makes Camo Craw Worms  :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gene Larew Salty Hawg Craws in 4, 5, & 6 in the following colors:

Junebug/Blue Claw

I didn't know Larew made this color.  I started using this color last year from Producto and it was HOT HOT HOT!! I went through almost 200 of them in a couple months of weekend trips  I'll check Larew's site again but I'm kinda stuck on Producto's stuff.  75% of my craws are Producto, but the other 25% are Larew.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I almost exclusively throw Gene Larew 7 ½ Salty Ring Worms & Salty Hawg Craws; I Texas Rig the Salty Hawg Craws.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I knew Catt would be chiming in on this one. That man has forgot about more big bass being caught on a craw worm than I will ever catch.

I use them sometimes flipping heavy cover. I use the Bait Breath version.  http://www.ichibantackle.com/showproductdetail.asp?productid=2397&name=BYS%20CRAW%205.5%20inch&manufacturename=BAIT%20BREATH

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, I like to fish the craw worm too. I have a bunch of the old Mad Man craw worms.  I did work for Mad Man Lures. But they are a great bait, and I use them as jig trailers and fin.jigs, and I T-rig them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really catch a lot on the Gene Larew in small ponds down here in Texas... definitely a go-to bait........

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has always been one of my "go-to" baits when T-rigged down on the Ohio R., but otherwise largely relegated to trailer duty on my jigs (buy them by the 100 pk.). Never been much of a plastics person myself though.

-T9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I knew Catt would be chiming in on this one.  That man has forgot about more big bass being caught on a craw worm than I will ever catch.

I use them sometimes flipping heavy cover.  I use the Bait Breath version.  http://www.ichibantackle.com/showproductdetail.asp?productid=2397&name=BYS%20CRAW%205.5%20inch&manufacturename=BAIT%20BREATH

wow, never seen those before.  They look awesome, I'll have to try some.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • fishing

    fishing forum

    fishing rods

    fishing reels

    fishing

    bass fish

    fish for bass
    fish

×