Sign in to follow this  
fishfordollars

Anyone here fish a crawworm as much as I do?

I love fishing a jig in the grass, but I also like to pitch and flip a large crawworm on a 1/2-1.0 oz florida screw weight at times and it will make a difference. I like the Gene Larew in the larger sizes. Colors in Camo, Greens w/orange pinchers, junebug, watermellon red,  pumpkin, brown and cinnimon. Anyone else into the crawworm?

I fish it mostly in the hydrilla.

Gene Larew Salty Hawg Craws in 4, 5, & 6 in the following colors:

Black Blue

Junebug/Blue Claw

Black Neon

Black Neon/ Silver Claw

Gene Larew no longer makes Camo Craw Worms  :)

Gene Larew Salty Hawg Craws in 4, 5, & 6 in the following colors:

Junebug/Blue Claw

I didn't know Larew made this color.  I started using this color last year from Producto and it was HOT HOT HOT!! I went through almost 200 of them in a couple months of weekend trips  I'll check Larew's site again but I'm kinda stuck on Producto's stuff.  75% of my craws are Producto, but the other 25% are Larew.

I almost exclusively throw Gene Larew 7 ½ Salty Ring Worms & Salty Hawg Craws; I Texas Rig the Salty Hawg Craws.

I knew Catt would be chiming in on this one. That man has forgot about more big bass being caught on a craw worm than I will ever catch.

I use them sometimes flipping heavy cover. I use the Bait Breath version.  http://www.ichibantackle.com/showproductdetail.asp?productid=2397&name=BYS%20CRAW%205.5%20inch&manufacturename=BAIT%20BREATH

Yes, I like to fish the craw worm too. I have a bunch of the old Mad Man craw worms.  I did work for Mad Man Lures. But they are a great bait, and I use them as jig trailers and fin.jigs, and I T-rig them.

I really catch a lot on the Gene Larew in small ponds down here in Texas... definitely a go-to bait........

Has always been one of my "go-to" baits when T-rigged down on the Ohio R., but otherwise largely relegated to trailer duty on my jigs (buy them by the 100 pk.). Never been much of a plastics person myself though.

-T9

I knew Catt would be chiming in on this one.  That man has forgot about more big bass being caught on a craw worm than I will ever catch.

I use them sometimes flipping heavy cover.  I use the Bait Breath version.  http://www.ichibantackle.com/showproductdetail.asp?productid=2397&name=BYS%20CRAW%205.5%20inch&manufacturename=BAIT%20BREATH

wow, never seen those before.  They look awesome, I'll have to try some.