Sign in to follow this  
BassinBoy

Drop shot

Also pass the tag end back thru the top of the hook eye to make sure the hook stands out straight. DROP SHOTTING IS THE FUTURE OF BASS FISHING!!!

You need to use a Palomar knot as others have said. The correct way to tie it it to pass the tag end through the hook eye from the front (point facing you). After you tie the knot you then need to pass the tag end through the front of the hook eye a 2nd time. This will cause the hook point to face up, allowing your choice of plastic bait to be rigged correctly so it stands straight out.

Also pass the tag end back thru the top of the hook eye to make sure the hook stands out straight. DROP SHOTTING IS THE FUTURE OF BASS FISHING!!!

WHY????????????????????????????????

I'm a drop shot nut, but to call it the future of Bass fishing, just isn't realist. It's just a presentation, a great one, but if one uses it all the time for every condition, you're selling yourself short, and you're missing a ton of fish.

I'm a drop shot nut, but to call it the future of Bass fishing, just isn't realist. It's just a presentation, a great one, but if one uses it all the time for every condition, you're selling yourself short, and you're missing a ton of fish.

X2

The past 2 years the DS has done really well for me but I do not think it is the be all end all of bass fishing?

Allen