Sign in to follow this  
GitRDoneIke23

WOW!! CHECK THIS OUT!!

Lol, my one and a half year old cornsnake is like 100 x smaller than that thing. I was impressed when it jumped up to eating small mice instead of hoppers or fuzzies lol. Geez... that thing could probably eat a DD bass no problem lol. Freakin' crazy.

Yea... I will never own a python. They can trun so quick it's not even funny. Doesn't matter how docile they are. The strangest and most unusual things can change their behavior in the blink of an eye. Any of you ever see those shows where they show the pyhtons squeezing around an owners neck when they take them out to show their buddies? Yea, can you say bone crushing? It is crazy how big they get and even more so, how much power they have.  I know not nearly all of them get that big... but they can get ginormous lol.

Photo shopped teeth?  Micro,  aren't you the snake guy? If not you,  who?

i don't believe it was photo shopped. i know constrictors have teeth like that. man that would suck to get popped by that thing.

i don't believe it was photo shopped. i know constrictors have teeth like that. man that would suck to get popped by that thing.

I don't think it's photo shoped either..........That would REALLY suck!!! ;D ;D

;) 8-)

They're not photoshopped. Those teeth are some massive grippers. I'm a little rusty but I think that is a Reticulated python but it has the size of an Indian python. Must be an electric fence he's in. Looks like he recently ate too! A snake of that size could eat a yearling deer. If the photo isn't fooling me.

The snake is an Indian Python.

I'm going on a slight tangent here (cool picture by the way) but how can an electrified wire be secured to a metal post without insulators?  Won't it ground it? Or are the posts not metal?  I worry about the weirdest stuff.

I owned a Burmese Python for several years that got to be around 10' in length. When my youngest daughter, who was around 12 at the time, would take Monty out in the front yard and let him drape himself all over her, passerby car traffic would literally screech to a halt so they could watch this little girl play with this huge snake. She would put him down in the grass and all the little kids in the surrounding neighborhood would come over and play with him. He was a good snake that never bit anyone. Oh he hissed at me a few times, but he NEVER struck at or bit anyone. I kept him well fed with 2 rats a week. I made the mistake of once letting him into my Jeep Laredo and he wrapped himself all around the steering wheel and column and I like to never got him out! He also used to be free to crawl around the house until he wrapped himself in the mechanism of a Lazy Boy recliner (underneath) and we had to just wait until he decided to crawl out on his own for fear of injuring him. He HAD SOME HUGE fangs and teeth as well. When he'd strike a food rat those teeth were SCARY!!!

I'm going on a slight tangent here (cool picture by the way) but how can an electrified wire be secured to a metal post without insulators? Won't it ground it? Or are the posts not metal? I worry about the weirdest stuff.

Look closer. The outer, lower strand is insulted. It is laying across the fat part.

I'm going on a slight tangent here (cool picture by the way) but how can an electrified wire be secured to a metal post without insulators? Won't it ground it? Or are the posts not metal? I worry about the weirdest stuff.

Look closer. The outer, lower strand is insulted. It is laying across the fat part.

Ah, so only part of the fence is electrified!

It's an African Rock Python.  The reason the teeth are so prominent is because it is very dehydrated.   It may even be dead by the time that photo was taken.   It was able to slip in under that electric fence, but couldn't get out with that meal in its belly.

I guess I stand corrected Micro. This is the link I compared the pic withhttp://www.freesnake.com/indianpython.html:

Do you think they made a mistake?

I guess I stand corrected Micro. This is the link I compared the pic withhttp://www.freesnake.com/indianpython.html:

Do you think they made a mistake?

The pics in your link are Indian Pythons.  Indians, Burmese and African Rocks are all very close.  But that's definately an African Rcok Python (Afrock for short).

Python%20sebae,2.jpg

That thing is a beast.  Thanks for the explanation of the teeth being so noticeable, I was getting a little frightened from my desk.

"Enough is Enough!  I've had it with these ************ snakes on this********* forum. ;)

Dude Micro that Python in that picture you just posted is one of the prettiest snakes I've seen (pythons).

Do you ever hit up any of the reptile shows here in Northern Va?

I was thinking about maybe mid-spring or summer hitting the one in richmond and getting another corn for future breeding purposes. I'm the one who posted those pics of my Amelanistic Cornsnake a while back. I'll have to take some more pics and get em' up soon, the most recent are over a year old. Gotten so much bigger. Since last time we talked he was on fuzzies, now I have him on small mice and he's doing well.

Soon might upgrade to mediums. Still waiting for him to thicken up though. Very long but I haven't been "power feeding" him so he's maintaining a nice chunk, but nothing too thick. I need to get him bigger! Hehe.

Anyway we should meet up and hit a herp show sometime dude. Later.