Sign in to follow this  
low_pro

I feel horrible....

So I'm sitting at my desk getting ready to tie on a different bait. My chug bug is hanging in the air. I turn to find the scissors and all of a sudden I have a fish on?!?!?!?!? Actually the tug was followed by a loud yelp! I hooked a dam treble hook in my dogs nose!! The bail was closed and she kept pulling and pulling.... I opened the bail and let the line loose and grabbed her to help her. She burys her face in my lap and two hooks get stuck in my pants. Now her face is stuck to my leg which she REALLY didn't like. She pulled her head one final time and straightened out the hook!!!! :o The bleeding stopped fairly quickly and she's ok but my gosh, I felt terrible.... She's still comfortable around me but won't come around my fishing poles anymore... :-[ She used to be my fishing pal

post-12030-130162958989_thumb.jpg

That sucks dude. Put it this way though, at least your dog is ok and you didn't have the hooks bury into your leg so hard you didn't need additional help to get em' out. As long as your both oj that's the most important thing.

I'm sure she may get back in the boat with you eventually, just clear a spot rod and reel free for her to lay down back deck or something.

That's something you don't hear everyday though.

Real pretty dog.  Black Lab?

Ugh. That just isnt a good deal no matter how you look at it. Tough when it happens just glad nobody was seriously hurt. What a beautiful dog you have there though or should I say "fishing partner"?

My lab done somthing like that when he was around six or eight months old. One moring I heard a huge thud then followed by yelping. He had snuck into the fishing room one morning and got a hold of a rod rigged with 17# test line and a Storm Swim shad. He broke the line in one motion. He has never bothered a rod and reel since. Sorry did not mean to hyjack your thread, just wanted to share that. I glad you dog was okay though.

Yeah, she's awesome.... Beagle mixed with a Doberman... Saved her as a stray (<1month old). Now she's the most loyal dog I've ever owned... at least she was! ::)

And can you believe it, my wife was watching Animal Cops Detroit last night and they had to rescue a dog with a fish hook sticking out of its nose!!

but you're right, at least no one got seriously hurt...

My lab done somthing like that when he was around six or eight months old. One moring I heard a huge thud then followed by yelping. He had snuck into the fishing room one morning and got a hold of a rod rigged with 17# test line and a Storm Swim shad. He broke the line in one motion. He has never bothered a rod and reel since. Sorry did not mean to hyjack your thread, just wanted to share that. I glad you dog was okay though.

no worries man!  

yeah, I didn't know what happened when I saw the lure still stuck to my pants and she was free...  I truly can not believe she straightened out the hook!!

Glad to hear that neither she nor you were seriously injured. Those kinds of things happen from time to time. Dogs act much like little kids in that their curiosity can sometimes get them into real trouble and I find that you've got to keep an eye on them ALL the time. Beautiful dog you have!!!