Sign in to follow this  
tallydude

Tyler Hansbrough

Okay, seriously guys, is there some kind of edict in college basketball to not call fouls on Hansbrough? I HATE the Cardinals, but this guy is fouling left and right and not getting whistled on any of it.

Are you talking about that over the back that happened at the top of the key a few minutes ago.

Yep, that was a foul.

It is incredible the "fouls" he draws and the no calls he gets.

Great player no doubt but he does get an incredible amount of calls

You guys need to watch some of the old duke games.  The entire team didn't foul.

Agree, that was an abvious foul on Padgett on the top of the key.

But, was anyone complaining about the triple team in the first half under the basket when he got hacked not once, but twice in that series?  Or, the reach in when he was going out of bounds and tried to bounce it off the L'ville guy.  Or, how about the last in bounds when Padgett was stepping over the line?  All fouls on Hansbrough that were not called.

This is a little off subject.

I love the way Hansbrough plays.  He's all heart and determination.  He's a GREAT college player no doubt, but do yall think he can be successful in the NBA?

He is also now the number 2 scorer in UNC history behind Phil Ford and he has done it in three years instead of the four that it took Phil Ford and Sam Perkins. ;)

Hookemdown, that's a great question.  Have been wondering about that myself.  Its really hard to tell.  Right now, the offense is largely focused around him.  In the NBA, probably will be built around guards and a lot of 1:1 play.

There have been a lot of great college players that have totally tanked in the NBA - incredible college player that barely makes a scratch in the pros.  Then you have mediocre college players that hit the right gear in the NBA and excel.  Its just hard to tell anymore.

I do think Hansbrough has the skills and the heart.  Each year he has came back and strengthened his game where it was lacking the year before - he's now got a great outside shot and is very consistent.  He handles the ball well and is a pretty good passer.  I think he still needs a little more bulk to be a good F or PF in the NBA.

Pysho T has the work ethic; however, I think he needs to stay at Chapel Hill one more year and work on his jump shot more. He has worked on it this year and has pretty good range, but in the NBA all the big men his size can shoot.  Look at Dirk Novinski (excuse the spelling), he is 7 ft and has the ability to shoot the 24ft. 3 point shot.

I love the way Hansbrough plays. He's all heart and determination. He's a GREAT college player no doubt, but do yall think he can be successful in the NBA?

I see him as the second coming of Cherokee Parks.

Hansbrough is a great talent and nobody works harder than he does, thats obvious. Has anyone else noticed that everytime he gets the ball, he travels? Man, the refs could get him traveling 50 times a game if they wanted to. They got him a few times last game, I was glad to see 'em finally call it.

One thing I like about his game is that he is 100% focused on the job at hand. When he gets hacked and doesn't get the call, he doesn't cry about it. He'll give the ref a look and go about his business, thats it. He's definitely not a crybaby and he's not going to let the refs or anyone else into his head during a game. He knows how to shake it off immediately. He has focus like Tiger Woods. Scary focus.

As far as NBA player? I say yes, just because anyone who dedicates his body, mind and soul 110% to the game of basketball like he does can't be held down when trying to make an NBA team. He plays all out, all the time and he simply refuses to lose. Someone will have a starting spot on their roster for TH.

I love the way Hansbrough plays. He's all heart and determination. He's a GREAT college player no doubt, but do yall think he can be successful in the NBA?

I got a feeling he will not make it in the NBA. I think the NBA will be a little too big and strong for him. Remember Adam Morrison and Andrew Bogut? Me neither.

Bogut is producing solid numbers for the bucks.  He is no Melo or Amare Stoudamire but a nice big man for them.  Morrison had a nice rookie season and has been injured all this year.  I think both will develop into nice role players.  Hansbrough should be fine with a heart and hustle mentality he has.  Maybe not a 20 and 10 guy like he is in college but definitely getting some quality minutes somewhere in the league.

You just never can tell if a player from college is going to do good in the pros or not.  Football for instance look at Herschel Walker the running back for the Dawgs when we won our National Championship.  Walker would just lower his shoulder and run over people so he won the heisman but then he got to the pros and couldnt run over a bug if he had too.

I don't think he'll be an all-star or a primary option on offense, but he can be a valuable glue guy who'll provide great effort and get 8-10 'garbage' points per game.