Sign in to follow this  
fooman

cool science experiments

After watching the objects in the microwave video's I was wondering if anyone has any good science experiments I can show my 8 y/o daughter..

We already did the Mento's in the pop trick.

Please nothing where I might lose a finger or take out an eye..thanks

I always thought that taking an empty pop can, filling it with about 2oz of water and bringing that water to a boil inside the can.  Then (with tongs) flip it upside down so the opening is just below the water level in a bowl of cold water.  The can instantly crushes due to the extreme pressure change inside the can.  Its pretty cool, and really easy to do.

Live2Fish she really digged the popcan trick..

The vinegar/ soda trick she did in school..

Theres a teacher thats on Letterman/Leno from time to time that does some amazing experiments but he doesn't explain whats in it but what is going on

fooman one of the teachers that used to be on those shows was at my university. So every now and then my teacher would bring him in for a demonstration.

You can try searching for stuff like at home science experiments. I've seen stuff like make your own slime kits and stuff like that before.

Live2Fish she really digged the popcan trick..

I'm glad she liked it.  When I first did that, I found it pretty cool too.(heck, what am I talking about, I still do!)

I think your daughter will like this science experiment.

Buy or make your own distilled water and put it in a glass beer bottle that has been cleaned in a sanitizer. Fill it with the distilled water and cap it. Now put it in the freezer and let it stay undisturbed. No matter how cold it gets it won't freeze. But now pick it up and tap it on the ground and watch it magically freeze instantly. This also works with the beer Corona.